Sponsored

Interest in Regional Owners Group? (DC/ NoVA/MD )

elihertz

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Adventure Package, Canyon Red, Large battery.
Occupation
IT Executive
Hi all,

With LE deliveries starting to firm up for 2022 and other models hopefully close behind, it is increasingly looking as if this time next year will see the first and increasing number of R1T's and R1S's on the roads surrounding the Washington DC metro area. Given that, i'm wondering if there is interest in the formation of a regional owners club? It could provide value and connection for all owners in the area to share our early experiences for taking delivery, service tips and others. And think of the photo opportunity with a DC area backdrop when we reach critical mass of vehicles!!

I'd be happy to organize the start up and help launch it if there is interest. I'm thinking in general any owners within ~ 1 hour or so of Washington DC across DC, MD and VA as membership. If you are interested respond to this thread or contact me at [email protected]
Sponsored

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Whoever gets their truck first is required to show it off to the rest of the group.:)

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

There's already one spotted in Arlington, VA.

I'll let you know when I get my R1S LE in "July-September"

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
my buddy saw an R1T going down I-70 in Columbia, MD a few weeks ago. theyre around!

Sponsored

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Old Post, but I am all in for a regional group.

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
I’m also interested in the DMV owners group

Brwood14608

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T Adventure
Occupation
Firefighter
Im In! Im slated for delivery between july-September and was told the other day when i called about price hike that the delivery period was still accurate!

OP
OP
elihertz

elihertz

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Adventure Package, Canyon Red, Large battery.
Occupation
IT Executive
Im In! Im slated for delivery between july-September and was told the other day when i called about price hike that the delivery period was still accurate!
Hmm..thanks Brandon. I called yesterday to adjust configuration and check on delivery of R1S Adventure, which I was on cusp of cancelling prior to rapid and welcome reversal of price hike. Was informed of delivery date of "first half of 2023". Of note, the Rivian CS referred to the aftermath of March 01 price hike as a "bad dream". I couldn't agree more, he sounded shell shocked.

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Whoever gets their truck first is required to show it off to the rest of the group.:)
Show it off? You mean host their own first mile event, right! :) I'll bring the Yuengling!

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Oh, and I'm in! First half of 2023 for my R1T as well.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Just an FYI, I have been in talks with Scott aka RivianDad (Youtuber) and Jazzy Jeff from NY about creating a Mid Atlantic logo that is along the lines of the several others that Scott has made for a nice clean look. We are also trying to define where the Mid Atlantic boundaries are since NJ is typically a split N/S...

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
While technically not Mid-Atlantic, I'd love to do a group meet up on the OBX in the off season...plenty of sand driving and adventure trips to be had. Problem is it's a CCS desert down there. I'm working with a rental Co to see if the could start adding L2 charger details to their rental listings...that way BEV owners can find houses with l2 chargers at them.

Inthedmv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Launch Green R1T
While technically not Mid-Atlantic, I'd love to do a group meet up on the OBX in the off season...plenty of sand driving and adventure trips to be had. Problem is it's a CCS desert down there. I'm working with a rental Co to see if the could start adding L2 charger details to their rental listings...that way BEV owners can find houses with l2 chargers at them.
I was just in Carova a couple of weeks ago. I actually saw another R1T by the Currituck lighthouse, and I have only seen 5 total on the road. I have been out on the beach in the OBX and Cape Henlopen, DE and it handles great in the sand. The charging situation is rough (but doable), but you get 1 mph plugged into 110v at the house!
Sponsored