Sponsored

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Just got a set of 20" at darks and put the Falken Ziex CT60 A/S in 275/60/20 tires on. I have another post where I tried the at wheels with this same size tire in the pirelli as plus 3s. They were nice but just trying a different set of tires to see if there are any differences.

I've only driven like 50 miles on them and still need a few hundred more miles to break them in a bit more... but initial impressions at about the same as the pirellis. I would say just as quiet but ever so slightly more comfortable... it could be just in my head but definitely feels less jarring over smaller bumps.

Over next few weeks I'll keep posting about break in and mileage but liking the tires so far... haven't washed the wheels and tires yet so still a bunch of tire mount grease.

Rivian R1T R1S Installed 20" AT wheels with Falken Ziex CT60 A/S275/60 tires 20230217_144346
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I like Falkens but Iā€˜m not familiar with these all seasons. You decided you didnā€™t need ATs?

Condor

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1S
Iā€™m thrilled to hear what you find. Both the Pirelli Scorpions and the Falkens are on my list to try to see how much I can improve the range on 20s. The Scorpions are about 10lbs lighter so I wonder about that as wellā€¦

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
I like Falkens but Iā€˜m not familiar with these all seasons. You decided you didnā€™t need ATs?
I originally had the 21s but just didn't have tire options and I'm always looking for nice quiet compliant tires as the only off road I do is the construction site at my house lol. So no need for at tires

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Iā€™m thrilled to hear what you find. Both the Pirelli Scorpions and the Falkens are on my list to try to see how much I can improve the range on 20s. The Scorpions are about 10lbs lighter so I wonder about that as wellā€¦
The scorpions are not actually that light as it's a miss print...I weighed the setup vs my 21s and if the tires were in fact 37 lbs then it should have been about 13 lbs lighter than my 21s but they were nearly the same weight lol. The efficiency was also the same as the 21s.

I drove about another 50 miles and seems like the efficiency is going to be the same

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
@cleex024, how many miles did you get out of the Pirelli AS+ 3ā€™s? Did you replace them before needed just to try something different, or were they worn down?

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

You probably know and did so intentionally but there is a diameter difference between the 275/65/20 vs 275/60/20.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Rivian R1T R1S Installed 20" AT wheels with Falken Ziex CT60 A/S275/60 tires 1676754823165

So you actual range is reduced also since when the vehicle thinks you've traveled a mile, when in fact you have not. The vehicle odometer will be off from actual distances too.

LIke I'd said, you already knew this..

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
@cleex024, how many miles did you get out of the Pirelli AS+ 3ā€™s? Did you replace them before needed just to try something different, or were they worn down?
im selling my 20" AT and tires...I only put about 5k miles on them and the tires look new lol so pretty sure itll easily get over 50k easy

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
You probably know and did so intentionally but there is a diameter difference between the 275/65/20 vs 275/60/20.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

1676754823165.png

So you actual range is reduced also since when the vehicle thinks you've traveled a mile, when in fact you have not. The vehicle odometer will be off from actual distances too.

LIke I'd said, you already knew this..
yes I did already know this and the reason why i went this route was because I wanted to keep the same diameter of my original 21s which I did not have rivian reprogram my car for the 20s. also there are a lot more highway tires available in the 275/60/20 over the 65 ratio without going the lt tire route.

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

yes I did already know this and the reason why i went this route was because I wanted to keep the same diameter of my original 21s which I did not have rivian reprogram my car for the 20s. also there are a lot more highway tires available in the 275/60/20 over the 65 ratio without going the lt tire route.
Didn't notice your post above saying you originally had 21". Good call on your choice to goto 275/60/20s. Lot more options than 55 or 65 series.

RivianInVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
These look great. Really interested to see what range you get.

If you get a chance, can you post more pictures at other angles. I have the dark 20s as well so I'm interested to see the profile some more. Thanks!

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
These look great. Really interested to see what range you get.

If you get a chance, can you post more pictures at other angles. I have the dark 20s as well so I'm interested to see the profile some more. Thanks!
Here are a couple more pictures
Rivian R1T R1S Installed 20" AT wheels with Falken Ziex CT60 A/S275/60 tires 20230222_072750
Rivian R1T R1S Installed 20" AT wheels with Falken Ziex CT60 A/S275/60 tires 20230222_072810
Rivian R1T R1S Installed 20" AT wheels with Falken Ziex CT60 A/S275/60 tires 20230222_072833

OP
OP

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
ive been getting roughly 2.25-2.5 mi/kw in temps ranging from 40 to 60...it looks like the tires are very similar to the pirellis

I will say though that interestingly the falkens actually feel more comfortable overall including over bumps and potholes, around corners feels like theres less roll, but does seem to be a tad bit louder. the noise though its really hard to tell and i didnt do a db test so cant confirm...just seems like i hear more road noise over rougher roads like concrete or over grooved roads.

Bmitch24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
ive been getting roughly 2.25-2.5 mi/kw in temps ranging from 40 to 60...it looks like the tires are very similar to the pirellis

I will say though that interestingly the falkens actually feel more comfortable overall including over bumps and potholes, around corners feels like theres less roll, but does seem to be a tad bit louder. the noise though its really hard to tell and i didnt do a db test so cant confirm...just seems like i hear more road noise over rougher roads like concrete or over grooved roads.
Any updates on your experience with the Falken Ziex tires? They seem to be the best fit for a 20 inch road tire matching the OEM load and speed ratings. I am in the process of putting 20" wheels on the truck coming from 21s to avoid costly tire swaps. Was planning to run with the Pirelli ATs for a while to see if I can live with the range hit. If I can live with the range hit ATs cause I'll probably end up with a slightly heavier KO2 for the looks and durability. But I make enough day trips at the limit of the trucks current (on 21s) range, I suspect I will be looking for a lower cost all season road tire and those Falkens seem pretty appealing if they perform well.
Sponsored