Inspection added by Rivian to Mobile Service

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Anyone else get this? Does this have to do with that ball joint failure that was posted on Facebook/here?

Rivian R1T R1S Inspection added by Rivian to Mobile Service C7B00A10-C547-4D06-8CC6-F451915C67B3
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This is regarding the rear suspension, the ball joint failure you mention was the front suspension. I would consider this unrelated in the general sense but perhaps indicative of inadequate QC at the factory.

MAR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, R1T
Clubs

I have service scheduled in September and they added this to my work order as well. Said it was not a recall but was a ‘containment’ they were doing for trucks that come in for service.
There’s also one to update the key fob firmware.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Anyone else get this? Does this have to do with that ball joint failure that was posted on Facebook/here?

C7B00A10-C547-4D06-8CC6-F451915C67B3.jpeg
Hey Dave,

How do you like your choice on Rivian Blue?

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech

C7B00A10-C547-4D06-8CC6-F451915C67B3.jpeg
I have service scheduled in September and they added this to my work order as well. Said it was not a recall but was a ‘containment’ they were doing for trucks that come in for service.
There’s also one to update the key fob firmware.
I also have an upcoming mobile service appointment. Where are you seeing things added to your work order? I logged into rivian.com and don't see work orders anywhere in the menus...

Sponsored

OP
OP
DaveA

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I also have an upcoming mobile service appointment. Where are you seeing things added to your work order? I logged into rivian.com and don't see work orders anywhere in the menus...
The service request was just to drop off my front license plate bracket….when I went to approve the work order it was just listed underneath the original request.

MAR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, R1T
Clubs

In the app, go to service —> appointments —> find you upcoming appointment for service —> work estimate at the bottom.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
In the app, go to service —> appointments —> find you upcoming appointment for service —> work estimate at the bottom.
Yep, that's it. FWIW, this has not been added to my work order. I've only had the truck for 10 days so maybe they started inspecting this as part of QC a couple of weeks ago...
Sponsored