First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender X, Bentley Bentayga, Porsche
Occupation
Retired
That's correct. My guide did that on Friday. He said that they will still honor the pre-March 1 pricing if you are in that group and made note of it in my account. However, since it is delayed "indefinitely," they can't have it as part of the purchase agreement.

The other issue he pointed out is that if you go with 3rd-party financing, many won't finance accessories like the camp kitchen. So, even if they had it in stock, you would likely still have to pay cash for it if you use another lender.
Zac, thanks. Interesting about the finance companies. I don't know much about trucks, but would guess if it was on the window sticker, it is part of the truck...included in the msrp. I guess the guide really doesn't know since they haven't shipped a truck with the kitchen yet. Indefinitely...yikes that sounds like a long way off:)
Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Zac, thanks. Interesting about the finance companies. I don't know much about trucks, but would guess if it was on the window sticker, it is part of the truck...included in the msrp. I guess the guide really doesn't know since they haven't shipped a truck with the kitchen yet. Indefinitely...yikes that sounds like a long way off:)
Finance companies see those as add-ons, just like when a dealer sells you a service contract or gap coverage. They usually allow a small percentage above the base MSRP to cover add-ons, but the amount varies by lender. The issue is all about collateral.

Yep, I pressed my guide for more specifics around availability dates for the camp kitchen. He said it has to do with 3rd-party suppliers so they have no insight as to when that will happen. Obviously, not great news.

Grandizer52

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RIVIAN, 12 Azure Transit Connect, 2018 ENV200
Occupation
Engineering TECH
we have a single burner induction hot top we use out of the MYPOD camper, most of the time is reheat, cause we pre cook our meals.

danielvdm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yep, I pressed my guide for more specifics around availability dates for the camp kitchen. He said it has to do with 3rd-party suppliers so they have no insight as to when that will happen. Obviously, not great news.
My guide today said that the Camp Kitchen will ship in July

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
We used a similar two-burner induction cooktop in our Sprinter conversion. Our 4.8kWh of house batteries was sufficient to cook, boil water with an electric kettle, keep all our gadgets charged, use lights, run the vent fans, and operate a refrigerator for several days, even when the weather or parking situation wasn't cooperative for keeping us topped off from the sun.

Based on my experience, I'd guess that typical use of the camp kitchen will consume maybe 3 miles per day from your range meter.
Sponsored