Sponsored

In what world are these types of paint issues acceptable on new R1S?

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Reading all this makes me very nervous. I’m very detail oriented but Im going to take my brother in law with me at time of pick up. He’s a professional detailer and has an eye for imperfections. I’m sure having a second set of eyes won’t hurt.
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Over six weeks now. No updates.
I apologized if I missed this in the conversation: which Service Center did your PDI and delivery?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Definitely replace it. That one should not have been delivered. Sorry. That really sucks.

Sponsored

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

@astonius, two more weeks have gone by. Still no update? Has Rivian communicated a game plan at this point, or do you just wait endlessly?

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
@astonius, two more weeks have gone by. Still no update? Has Rivian communicated a game plan at this point, or do you just wait endlessly?
I got an email last week saying it should be ready by the end of this week. That’s it.

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

I got an email last week saying it should be ready by the end of this week. That’s it.
Hope they fix everything to your satisfaction!

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Wow. Wtf take them so long to fix this?

Sponsored

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
Door has definitely been adjusted...i see a brand new bolt with no paint, and shifting that door around probably caused a lot of the chips and scratches....just careless work there...sorry man...I'd return that one within the 7 day period.
My thoughts exactly. Seems like they did some repair/rework on the door (either at the factory or the SC.. but I think the factory would have been a bit more careful to not cause damage).

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I finally got an update yesterday via voicemail. The Franklin SC got the S back from the body shop for inspection before releasing it back to me. They said the work done to the tailgate area did not meet their standards, and they are going to send it back.

I wrote an email back to the SA explaining this timeline has already exceeded what's reasonable (she shared the same sentiment in her message, so at least they're starting to show some empathy). I also shared that I have no faith that the same body shop which took 2 months to get it in its current state will be able to get it to an acceptable state. I expressed interest in a buyback or reorder.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I finally got an update yesterday via voicemail. The Franklin SC got the S back from the body shop for inspection before releasing it back to me. They said the work done to the tailgate area did not meet their standards, and they are going to send it back.

I wrote an email back to the SA explaining this timeline has already exceeded what's reasonable (she shared the same sentiment in her message, so at least they're starting to show some empathy). I also shared that I have no faith that the same body shop which took 2 months to get it in its current state will be able to get it to an acceptable state. I expressed interest in a buyback or reorder.
It is nice to at least get some acknowledgment from a Rivian employee that this is taking WAY too long.