First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
Also while reading the rebate guidelines it also states the vehicle must be purchased from a licensed IL dealer, is Rivian licensed to sell in IL? Considering they are manufactured in the state I would be surprised if they were not, then again this is IL! Anyway I emailed my guide to see if he has any more info,.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Also while reading the rebate guidelines it also states the vehicle must be purchased from a licensed IL dealer, is Rivian licensed to sell in IL? Considering they are manufactured in the state I would be surprised if they were not, then again this is IL! Anyway I emailed my guide to see if he has any more info,.
I'd say yes, Rivian is a licensed dealer in the state of Illinois. At least on my paper work, Rivian was listed as the dealer with their Normal, IL address.

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
Good to hear, I am a little more “cautiously” optimistic I might see the rebate?????

blevinson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes S550, Mercedes GL450, waiting for LE R1S
Clubs

The Governor of Illinois just signed a new law that provides a $4,000 rebate on EVs AND up to 80% back on the cost to install a level 2 or level 3 EV charger at your home or business. Now this is great EXCEPT it doesn’t go into effect until July 1, 2022. When you combine the rebate with the charger installation incentive, it makes it hard to not wait. I’m currently in line for an R1S Launch Edition. What to do?!?! Wonder if I can delay my place in line till July 1, 2022 and still get a Launch Edition?
I had the same question. I am a June/July R1S delivery. I know the July incentive start won't be a problem since the R1S delay, but before the delay I asked my guide if I could delay my delivery to take advantage of the IL rebate. They told me no problem and they put a not in my file.
Sponsored