Sponsored

iKamper on R1S, pics anyone?

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Any fitment pics out there, or real world commentary on efficiency with full size iKamper Skycamp on R1S? Thinking would make a nice pairing.

Updated now w pics of full size iKamper 2.0, in case anyone needs. I made a garage hoist with an electric hoist as other threads here have depicted.

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? IMG_8655

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? IMG_0490

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? IMG_2944
Sponsored

Last edited:

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

Any fitment pics out there, or real world commentary on efficiency with full size iKamper Skycamp on R1S? Thinking would make a nice pairing.
I haven't seen a photo of one, but have taken plenty of measurements. The roof can easily accommodate the length of the full size SkyCamp. The roof is 90" long not including the fin, and 99" long if mounting over the fin. The full size SkyCamp is 85.5" long.

The only problem measurement is the width. The SkyCamp is 55" wide, and the R1S roof is 49.5" wide, so the RTT would stick out a bit on both sides. That's not a practical problem, but, aesthetically, I think it would be a little unfortunate to have that sort of mushroom cap look. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, though.

OP
OP

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Here you go for anyone interested. I rented this SmittyBilt hardtop to check for range and fit. It is within 0.5” in length and width specs of iKamper full size SkyCamp. Not too scientific but I am guessing ~5-10% range hit based on projected estimate of miles remaining to destination in nav and the actual miles upon arrival (Conserve drive mode). It's acceptable for me. I was going about 85 on some freeway sections, so overall efficiency unsurprising. I haven't traveled this same route in R1S before so no real comparison without tent.

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? 2

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? 1

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? 2

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? 3

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? 4

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? 5

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? 6

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? 7

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? 8

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper on R1S, pics anyone? 9

Last edited:

Jcmonty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep gladiator
Here you go for anyone interested. I rented this SmittyBilt hardtop to check for range and fit. It is within 0.5” in length and width specs of iKamper full size SkyCamp. Not too scientific but I am guessing ~5-10% range hit based on projected estimate of miles remaining to destination in nav and the actual miles upon arrival (Conserve drive mode). It's acceptable for me. I was going about 85 on some freeway sections, so overall efficiency unsurprising. I haven't traveled this same route in R1S before so no real comparison without tent.

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg
How was the noise with the tent on?

OP
OP

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
How was the noise with the tent on?
pretty minimal. I'd say if regular R1S is 1/10 for me on general car noise factor that it increases to 2/10, if that makes any sense?
Sponsored