Sponsored

RivianInVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Finally adding these pictures in case anyone was debating getting the iKamper. Picked up the Mini 3.0 on Facebook marketplace. Has a custom lining that looks great. Sits perfectly flush with the tailgate which was a big concern of mine.

Now only if my suspension/camp mode actually worked to be able to use it properly!

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper Mini 3.0 Fits R1T Bed Perfectly ikamper3.0 rivian r1t

Rivian R1T R1S iKamper Mini 3.0 Fits R1T Bed Perfectly E77B2350-161C-4183-A7F7-6DB48C4AE707
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Finally adding these pictures in case anyone was debating getting the iKamper. Picked up the Mini 3.0 on Facebook marketplace. Has a custom lining that looks great. Sits perfectly flush with the tailgate which was a big concern of mine.

Now only if my suspension/camp mode actually worked to be able to use it properly!

ikamper3.0 rivian r1t.jpg

E77B2350-161C-4183-A7F7-6DB48C4AE707.jpeg
How much? New or used?

tjmsquared

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Macan
Nice! How easy was it to attach to the crossbars on the bed? Did you need any special tools or extra hardware to get it attached?

OP
OP
RivianInVA

RivianInVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Nice! How easy was it to attach to the crossbars on the bed? Did you need any special tools or extra hardware to get it attached?
It comes with these adjustable mounting brackets and a really long allen wrench. With a second adult it was very easy to install and adjust in my opinion. Mounting Brackets 2.0 – iKamper

Sponsored

Riv I Am

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Awaiting R1T - GW/OC VIN 171xx
Occupation
Health care

ikamper3.0 rivian r1t.jpg

E77B2350-161C-4183-A7F7-6DB48C4AE707.jpeg
Jealous, you found one secondhand. Also, jealous you found it in matte black. Looks great! . Mine was finally delivered today. And I popped onto the forums to see the best way to mount it. It seems like most are doing it backwards like you I assume for aerodynamic reasons. I’ll keep perusing the threads to see if anyone has done efficiency tests regarding frontwards vs backwards mounting.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Jealous, you found one secondhand. Also, jealous you found it in matte black. Looks great! . Mine was finally delivered today. And I popped onto the forums to see the best way to mount it. It seems like most are doing it backwards like you I assume for aerodynamic reasons. I’ll keep perusing the threads to see if anyone has done efficiency tests regarding frontwards vs backwards mounting.
It seems that closing off the aero holes in the back of the cab spoiler makes the biggest difference

GeezFullSleeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Clubs

Charge Overland did a little efficiency comparison on his ikamper mini, but he only compared without the rtt, with the rtt, and covering up the aero holes in the spoiler.

Riv I Am

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Awaiting R1T - GW/OC VIN 171xx
Occupation
Health care
Charge Overland did a little efficiency comparison on his ikamper mini, but he only compared without the rtt, with the rtt, and covering up the aero holes in the spoiler.
Thanks, just finished watching it. I like his videos. Now looking to see if anyone makes the inserts already or some ppf that’s able to go over the gaps. Maybe I’ll just buy some cheap ppf strips.

OP
OP
RivianInVA

RivianInVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks, just finished watching it. I like his videos. Now looking to see if anyone makes the inserts already or some ppf that’s able to go over the gaps. Maybe I’ll just buy some cheap ppf strips.
Let me know if you figure out a good solution. I’d love to sneak a little bit more range out of it.

Sponsored

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

he never tried it with the RTT the other way around and covering the spoiler

RoadTripFan

First Name
Quinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Broker
Clubs

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Agree those were my initial thoughts as well. Credit to Charge Overland for the quality test. I didn't even realize those roof spoiler vents were there! Covers for them would be necessary when running any rooftop tent to get solid efficiency gains! If I recall in his video, he got miniscule range hit with the covered vents and tent installed.

krails

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
he never tried it with the RTT the other way around and covering the spoiler
Actually he did later, and added a comment to the video with details. The direction didn't make a difference.

" UPDATE! I ran an additional test with the tent facing the other direction (tall end towards the rear) and surprisingly ended up with the exact same result as when it faced the opposite direction(2.14mi/kWh) My uneducated guess would be the air from the spoiler was probably meeting a smoother edge but the tent ends up angled upward which is worse for aero and possibly negated any benefits this setup might’ve had. Numbers for RTT Test Opposite Direction Efficiency 2.14mi/kWh Energy 9.7kWh Distance 20.8mi Avg Speed 48mph Disclaimer I’m not claiming to be an aerodynamics expert but do have some experience with automotive design and aerodynamic testing. These tests are as controlled as possible but really just give a rough idea of efficiency on the highway with the different setups shown. Thanks for watching! "
Sponsored