Sponsored

IKAMPER DISCO SERIES MODULAR KITCHEN experience / review / feedback?

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
https://ikamper.com/products/disco-...ZCo4G3NZftUmQPE1Wge-eF29VeQx-iHxoCUaIQAvD_BwE

Does anyone have first hand experience with the iKamper Disco Series modular kitchen? The Rivian Camp Kitchen was one of the unique and attractive features of the R1T that initially got me interested in the truck. With the delays, I'm looking at alternatives. This setup from iKamper may be the ticket at a fraction of the cost.

It takes up a much smaller space and gives you the flexibility to move the cooking location away from your vehicle. I just ordered one and will report back, but be interested in anyone else's experience with it.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
https://ikamper.com/products/disco-...ZCo4G3NZftUmQPE1Wge-eF29VeQx-iHxoCUaIQAvD_BwE

Does anyone have first hand experience with the iKamper Disco Series modular kitchen? The Rivian Camp Kitchen was one of the unique and attractive features of the R1T that initially got me interested in the truck. With the delays, I'm looking at alternatives. This setup from iKamper may be the ticket at a fraction of the cost.

It takes up a much smaller space and gives you the flexibility to move the cooking location away from your vehicle. I just ordered one and will report back, but be interested in anyone else's experience with it.
calling This a “kitchen system” is a bit of a reach. It’s a burner and a tripod.

somwthing like these are more comparable.

https://trailkitchens.com/collections/all

https://pullkitchen.com/

https://www.nomadkitchenco.com/

https://www.arb.com.au/slide-kitchen/

etc..

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Kinda like the IKamper minimalist and effective cast iron cook combo rather than rolling out a full luxury kitchen set that becomes a chuck wagon and takes up half or more of the bed.

Leaves room for other camping and sports gear.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
At first I was annoyed they were calling it a "kitchen system", but after looking at it for a few minutes I think it's a pretty useful tool. Not the luxury conversation piece that Rivian's is, but still a good concept.

OP
OP
EVTrukHog

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
calling This a “kitchen system” is a bit of a reach. It’s a burner and a tripod.
"Modular Kitchen" is their term - not mine. It's actually a bit more versatile than just a "burner and a tripod" but your statement is accurate in that it's certainly not a kitchen system. As far as cooking, I like it's options better than the inductive cooktop of the planned Rivian kitchen... sort of a hybrid between campfire cooking and car camping. It obviously lacks the kitchen sink and utensils. For $500, I'm giving it a test drive.

Sponsored

aho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

"Modular Kitchen" is their term - not mine. It's actually a bit more versatile than just a "burner and a tripod" but your statement is accurate in that it's certainly not a kitchen system. As far as cooking, I like it's options better than the inductive cooktop of the planned Rivian kitchen... sort of a hybrid between campfire cooking and car camping. It obviously lacks the kitchen sink and utensils. For $500, I'm giving it a test drive.
Wanted to check in if you have any reviews or feedback on the Disco series kitchen. I am about to pull the trigger on one. Thanks!

OP
OP
EVTrukHog

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wanted to check in if you have any reviews or feedback on the Disco series kitchen. I am about to pull the trigger on one. Thanks!
I give it a thumbs up! This is my go-to cooking station when truck camping. I really like the tripod with adjustable legs so that you can easily setup your cooking area on unlevel ground anywhere around your campsite... no need for a table, tailgate, or level ground. The skillet is pretty big... you'll learn how to simmer vegetables around the outer edge while searing meats simultaneously in the center. The only drawback is that you can't really boil water in the skillet - it's too flat to hold much water. You'll need an extra pot for that. I also recommend the carry case they sell - it makes keeping all the accessories, utensils, etc., in an easy to store and carry bag.

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
It's called a "skottle" and it's very popular in the mainstream overlanding community. There are other alternatives if you search around.

aho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I give it a thumbs up! This is my go-to cooking station when truck camping. I really like the tripod with adjustable legs so that you can easily setup your cooking area on unlevel ground anywhere around your campsite... no need for a table, tailgate, or level ground. The skillet is pretty big... you'll learn how to simmer vegetables around the outer edge while searing meats simultaneously in the center. The only drawback is that you can't really boil water in the skillet - it's too flat to hold much water. You'll need an extra pot for that. I also recommend the carry case they sell - it makes keeping all the accessories, utensils, etc., in an easy to store and carry bag.
Awesome, thanks! Good to know the scottle is a good size. I was originally worried it may be to too small.
Sponsored