Sponsored

If You Were Building an R1T for SEMA and had 7 weeks? Hurry Team!

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

As the title says if the great minds of Rivian Forums were spec'ing out an R1T to be built for SEMA and we only have 7 weeks to get everything done, then 2 days to get the truck to Vegas, what would you do? The theme would need to be Off-Road and/or Overlander Style.

The truth is the aftermarket is small at present, so it would need to be a helluva small build compared to the moderate to crazy big builds that end up in SEMA. Think inside the box and outside the box.......

Send those ideas Team Rivian Forums!!
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Cut back some of the body to fit larger tires.

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

What about accessories like an up and coming brand of Roof Top Tent's? Who are the smaller but motivated entrants in that arena that have a RTT that we know fits reasonably well?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Rivian R1T R1S If You Were Building an R1T for SEMA and had 7 weeks? Hurry Team! 1661817690538

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Deleted

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Isn’t it your second time (at the very least) asking for crowd input to help you build your business. I’m surprised that this is not flagged.
But I guess you’ll argue it’s not for business or promotional purposes.
Good luck either way.
I appreciate your input, but not sure of the reason for it? This doesn't have anything to do with my business, it is asking for input from the community on how they would spec an R1T for SEMA 2022 in Vegas, which there will be a few, none of which I have built.

There are multiple people selling products on here (non-sponsors) and I'm not one of them, and if I were, I'd be a paid sponsor, so really not sure why this seems to bring offense to you? Odd....

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Glad you picked up on my message before I decided to delete since no one cares. Good luck to you and your data collection.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Flared fenders, wider track width, prerunner style spare carrier in the bed and a high approach angle tube/aluminum bumper up front, with some good lighting of course.

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

Flared fenders, wider track width, prerunner style spare carrier in the bed and a high approach angle tube/aluminum bumper up front, with some good lighting of course.
This. SEMA builds should be "builds". Lots of custom fabrication. Not just wheels and tires and accessories. I like to see envelopes pushed and wild concepts that make you really think twice. That will be tough to do on a Rivian without just looking like a stock truck with some average looking bolt-ons.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

This. SEMA builds should be "builds". Lots of custom fabrication. Not just wheels and tires and accessories. I like to see envelopes pushed and wild concepts that make you really think twice. That will be tough to do on a Rivian without just looking like a stock truck with some average looking bolt-ons.
YES this is exactly my thoughts it pisses me off when you go to a high end car show and there is a stock new vehicle with rims who cares I can see that at a dealer. Do something crazy like long travel arms on all 4 corners. Or gut the truck and cage it to make a full on desert runner.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Cut back some of the body to fit larger tires.
I'd also like to see portal axles to raise the truck higher and maintain control arm clearance. Should make it easy to maintain torque at the wheels that way with much larger tires. Get the ratio changes right and it'll mean the speedo stays accurate.

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

We think the same....long travel pre-runner EV......Jerry-Can auxiliary range-extension battery packs. They do it for the e-MTB world....

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

replace the glass with a carbon panel?

replace the sunroof with an electrochomatic option like it should be?

if you don't go full offroad race truck dump it to the ground make it a sport truck version of the truck with 4 slicks that could decimate all at the drag strip.

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

Maybe something that plays in to the R1 platform's flexibility and "bipolar" nature of being able to off-road while still handle and perform like a sports car. One long travel off-road build and one performance spec build with sticky tires, camber, and aero like a NASCAR truck.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

someone needs to do a render of that!!!
Sponsored