Sponsored

If Volvo built a BEV pickup truck

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I completed my First Mile test drive on Friday.

My immediate styling impression? Volvo. Install a Volvo emblem on the nose and the R1T would look at right at home in a Volvo showroom next to their current portfolio. That’s a compliment to the Rivian design team.

I remember back in 2005-06 when Saab sold their version of the Subaru Impreza wagon, the Saab 9-2X Aero. Mmmmm, makes you wonder if there are secret conversations currently going on between Volvo and Rivian leadership.

Rivian R1T R1S If Volvo built a BEV pickup truck 3CB00610-B6F2-47AD-89EC-D0A4973AE444
Sponsored

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Volvo truck would be close to perfection, to me.

Reactions: Jac

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Volvo makes fantastic vehicles. A high compliment…

Sponsored

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
+2

Will be interesting when the R1S and Lightning are both finally here (Lightning had a build week of 5/30 so should be here somewhat s00n). I’m so excited for each of them for different reasons, but honesty just love driving our P*2 (though I’d be happy with a tad more space).

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Haaaa. This is a hot take and I never really saw the connection. Already had my wife on the list for Polestar 3, but this gives me some added juice to it. There’s just something about a Volvo in general for me… not too pretentious, refined and unique, and just plain safe. My best buddy always talks trash about them being the Buick of Europe, but he also drives a Polestar 2 and his wife an electric XC40. Obviously all my own opinion, but Rivian checks a lot of the same boxes and stands out in the same way. Well-played @mini2nut.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
+2

Will be interesting when the R1S and Lightning are both finally here (Lightning had a build week of 5/30 so should be here somewhat s00n). I’m so excited for each of them for different reasons, but honesty just love driving our P*2 (though I’d be happy with a tad more space).
I would like a bit more space and always more range. I would like to be able to drive highway speeds++ 6 hours with one charge stop. I consistently drive places that are 6 hours away.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
It will be interesting to see how the Volvo XC90 EV turns out. I think this will be the biggest R1S competitor in the near term.
Sponsored