Sponsored

If I place order today when do I need to have the money to buy this....

zeffcomtn

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Software Alliances/Sales
I am trying to plan for the cash of the R1S, I have a couple car purchases coming up here over the next 18 months, first being a Tesla Model Y that I should get in the next couple weeks around September 2021. Then April 2023 my kid will be 16 and I need to buy a car for her... so I am wondering if I place an order for an R1S in the next few weeks is there a chance I get it in the next 18 months? I have heard there are +50K "orders" but not sure what that translates to in timing for actually getting the SUV. This car would fit our family perfectly and it looks like a great choice but I have no idea how to time it.
Sponsored

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
2 years may be?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
?‍♂

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
may as well throw down a deposit, it’s $1000 and refundable.

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
I am trying to plan for the cash of the R1S, I have a couple car purchases coming up here over the next 18 months, first being a Tesla Model Y that I should get in the next couple weeks around September 2021. Then April 2023 my kid will be 16 and I need to buy a car for her... so I am wondering if I place an order for an R1S in the next few weeks is there a chance I get it in the next 18 months? I have heard there are +50K "orders" but not sure what that translates to in timing for actually getting the SUV. This car would fit our family perfectly and it looks like a great choice but I have no idea how to time it.
One lucky child

Sponsored

FLARIVIAN

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T6
Occupation
Retired
Nobody knows how many people who have put down the $1K deposit will actually pull the trigger when the time comes and actually purchase a Rivian. My guess is that most of us have some level of uncertainty and we're waiting for test drives, seeing actual colors and early adopters' experiences with their Rivian's before making a final decision. So I agree that putting down the deposit now makes sense for anyone who is seriously interested in buying a Rivian. Your wait at this point is probably more likely to be measured in years rather than months.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I’m also in the same boat wondering when I could actually receive an R1T. I didn’t put a deposit down until 5/13/21, so not sure if it could be mid 2022 or more like 2023 or later. If it’s going to be forever, then we are talking about getting rid of my wife’s CRV for a wrangler 4xe and keeping our Model 3 with her driving that.

OP
OP

zeffcomtn

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Software Alliances/Sales
Yes, good advice thanks, I will just put the deposit down and then try to time it as more things become a reality. Worst case I just cancel it and go with another option, which also should be much clearer in the next 1.5 yrs.

Going for the Adventure package in Blue with Ocean Coast.

onthebrake

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE - 3/31/2022 Took Delivery
Occupation
Project Manager
Get in line. I pre-ordered a Launch Edition R1T in late 2018 and have no idea on when I will get mine. It's gonna be a while . . . . . Throw down 1k and get in line. All good.
Sponsored