First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Watching this video now. Interestingly on flat ground they were getting ~55% of the range I typically get with my ID.4. The interesting twist here is they also pulled their little teardrop camper uphill quite a long distance and absolutely destroyed the range (to be expected). Mostly just fun to see the range hit on a smaller EV with a small trailer.

Sponsored

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Let's see him repeat this in I-70 ski traffic in winter!
Glad I wasn't behind him going downhill west of the tunnels if he's doing 60 in the left lane.
Love seeing the Mines M on the mountain early in the video.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
fairly impressive for the car really. I wonder though if 'b' is the right mode to use. would be interesting to see the test with it just in drive.

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
fairly impressive for the car really. I wonder though if 'b' is the right mode to use. would be interesting to see the test with it just in drive.
It's basically just Regen when you take your foot off the accelerator. I doubt there would have been a meaningful difference either way.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
It's basically just Regen when you take your foot off the accelerator. I doubt there would have been a meaningful difference either way.
I dunno, to me It's actually a completely different vehicle when they're in D vs B. I just drove one today. When it's not in B and you take the foot off the brake the thing just glides along in a coast. It's kinda disconcerting after driving an aggressive regen car like a Tesla or the Bolt EV in L mode.

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I dunno, to me It's actually a completely different vehicle when they're in D vs B. I just drove one today. When it's not in B and you take the foot off the brake the thing just glides along in a coast. It's kinda disconcerting after driving an aggressive regen car like a Tesla or the Bolt EV in L mode.
Hahahaha, yeah I can see that. It definitely feels different. Just like going from an ICE to a BEV with one pedal driving.

In either case, when you use the brake, it uses the regen first before introducing the mechanical break. When it's in B it just introduces to accelerator lift off. In either case, I don't think their range would have changed meaningfully. On the way up, I can't really see them having the opportunity to coast much, and on the way down I'm guessing they were riding the breaks a fair amount.

Either way, they used cruise control to maintain speed, there isn't any difference between the modes at that point.
Sponsored