Sponsored

ID.4 Runs Out Of Juice! Almost Made It To A Charger..

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yeah if you're going to drive around you should know how to use your car before buying it. I do agree this paints Ev's in a bad light but chargers were available, and roadside assistance sucks no matter what you're driving.
Sponsored

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
To be fair, quite a few vehicles in the last 10 years or so don't come with a spare and don't even offer an option for one. The Chevy Volt is the main example in my mind. I understand both sides of that argument.
ID.4 is one, by the way.

OP
OP
NY_Rob

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
NY_Rob

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Yeah, it's just really stupid to remove the tow eye from the front... what possible reason could they have for doing that other than literally saving maybe $10/vehicle at the cost of great inconvenience to the owners.

Longreach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata
Yeah, it's just really stupid to remove the tow eye from the front... what possible reason could they have for doing that other than literally saving maybe $10/vehicle at the cost of great inconvenience to the owners.
It’s very likely because these units are for the domestic US market and not intended to be shipped by sea.

The main reason (from the manufacturers perspective) for having a threaded eye bolt is for tying down on RoRo ships.
Sponsored