ICE Competition: 2024 Ranger & 405hp Ranger Raptor 🦖 Revealed

diehlryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
The Ranger Raptor is what I was eyeing up if I didn't get the R1T.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

That's a way cool truck. They will sell a bundle of those Not quite as cool as the R1T, but close.

Brian

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
It looks cool, and it’s substantially cheaper than the R1 I have. Unfortunately it doesn’t fit my needs personally as I do need something that can tow my 7x16’ dual axle enclosed trailer loaded down with my tractor on occasion. This looks like it has the same engine as an explorer ST which I actually owned and tried towing said trailer with it.

It can do it but, even empty, towing was a massive struggle. I have noticed that capacity for most trucks is really pushing it and if you want a safe and comfortable experience you should upsize your capability instead of keeping it right at your needs.

For something like an enclosed trailer wind resistance matters and my R1 barely notices the trailer even at max load, whereas that ST really struggled to get moving.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

I predict that Ford will build an EV Ranger next. If they were to build a Lightning Raptor Ranger (unlikely) that could be the closest thing to a R1T.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I continue to believe that legacy OEM's trying to do both ICE and EV will turn out to be a strategic mistake. Creates too much of a culture clash across the org, channels, supply chain.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Raptor Ranger just became my #1 replacement choice for Rivian, unless Rivian puts a service center in Wisconsin before I am ready for next vehicle. I am not dealing with downtown Chicago as closest service center for next vehicle.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

ICE engine? No thanks. If I never have to wait in line to buy gas again it would be too soon. At least it does have AA/CP. That said, if it doesn't also include this "hover mode" Imma want my money back. 😆

Rivian R1T R1S ICE Competition: 2024 Ranger & 405hp Ranger Raptor 🦖 Revealed 1683730492328

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Raptor Ranger just became my #1 replacement choice for Rivian, unless Rivian puts a service center in Wisconsin before I am ready for next vehicle. I am not dealing with downtown Chicago as closest service center for next vehicle.
The factory doesn’t have a service center? That’s as far from Chicago as Milwaukee give or take and closer to Madison.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
The factory doesn’t have a service center? That’s as far from Chicago as Milwaukee give or take and closer to Madison.
Factory is 3 hours+ each way from Milwaukee or Madison. Chicago is 2. Too far for service drop offs and pick ups. And for cost of towing to and from, I can buy alot of gas.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Factory is 3 hours+ each way from Milwaukee or Madison. Chicago is 2. Too far for service drop offs and pick ups. And for cost of towing to and from, I can buy alot of gas.
The factory is not 3 hours from Madison or Milwaukee. Especially not from Madison. I lived between Madison and Milwaukee for over 30 years.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
The factory is not 3 hours from Madison or Milwaukee. Especially not from Madison. I lived between Madison and Milwaukee for over 30 years.
Ok....I live between Madison and Milwaukee and have for over 50 years.

I have been to Normal a few times since getting Rivian.

I just entered the plant in my Rivian navigation and it says 220 miles and 3hours 32 minutes.

I just entered it into Google from where I sit, which again, is not far from I94 between Madison and Milwaukee. And it says 3houra and 26 minutes, so it seems to agree with the truck navigation.

Maybe you are unaware where the plant is? It is Normal, IL. Try it in your Google. See what it says between them.

And just for argument sake, I checked Google and Madison to Normal says 2hours and 58minutes. So you got me there....it's not 3 hours!

What do you think is the driveline from Madiaon to Normal? At close to legal speeds?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Ok....I live between Madison and Milwaukee and have for over 50 years.

I have been to Normal a few times since getting Rivian.

I just entered the plant in my Rivian navigation and it says 220 miles and 3hours 32 minutes.

I just entered it into Google from where I sit, which again, is not far from I94 between Madison and Milwaukee. And it says 3houra and 26 minutes, so it seems to agree with the truck navigation.

Maybe you are unaware where the plant is? It is Normal, IL. Try it in your Google. See what it says between them.

And just for argument sake, I checked Google and Madison to Normal says 2hours and 58minutes. So you got me there....it's not 3 hours!

What do you think is the driveline from Madiaon to Normal? At close to legal speeds?
You must drive like a turtle then. I put it in my Google and it says 2 hours and 14 min and I would probably beat that time a little. I’m betting 2 hours flat. But yeah you got me with the “legal” speed. I keep up with the flow of traffic which on that road and through IL is 80+.
Sponsored