Sponsored

ICBC Insurance for Rivian (specific to BC)

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
$2200/yr and was told to expect a refund from ICBC. Max driver discount applied.
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

It was through Optiom. Have used them once before and our car was hit while parked and written off, two years into the three year policy. Certainly makes me think hard about this one (for what length of term).
I was reading up on optiom and seemed decent and glad to hear first hand good experience. But, I wasn't a fan of the if you're at fault, your claim is denied.

I get they don't want people to abuse it and drive into something just to make a claim, but it doesn't fill me with confidence that I'm protected.

Accidents happen.

OP
OP

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was reading up on optiom and seemed decent and glad to hear first hand good experience. But, I wasn't a fan of the if you're at fault, your claim is denied.

I get they don't want people to abuse it and drive into something just to make a claim, but it doesn't fill me with confidence that I'm protected.

Accidents happen.
Hmm, interesting. Yeah - if getting the coverage depends on ICBC making an accurate assessment of who is at fault, that wouldn’t fill me with confidence. Our previous incident was easy, fortunately - we were inside the house and someone drove into the back our parked car at speed. And get this - he was a driving instructor! Car had the second set of brakes and everything. He was using his phone and not paying attention to the road. Top notch East Van driving instructor.

psturk

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Where in Canada are you? I was trying to get a quote for the Sunshine Coast, but the broker over there didn't have it in their system.

I have full discount etc. Wondering also if anyone has any info on the NVR (New Vehicle Replacement) coverage and the premium they may have been quoted.
Just took possession of my R1T in Vancouver. Insurance with 2500 deductible was 1700 with 2M liability and 2500 deductible. Windshield replacement is 200 deductible ( Well worth it for the price of a Rivian windshield). NVR I was quoted from 3rd party is 4996 or 833 per year for 6 years. The NVR policy can be cancelled at anytime with only a 100 cancellation fee if you sell the vehicle. My quote was based on my LE purchase price of 95,340 before accessories, fees, taxes. I have 30 days to decide on the NRV and am still contemplating. The purchase price and deductibles have a substantial impact on insurance quotes. I waited 3 years for my LE preorder and almost cancelled and bought another Honda Ridgeline. With all the online research and videos I watched, I cannot describe how happy I am with this computer and performance truck once I have owned it for a couple of weeks. No buyers remorse here. I did use the Rivian in house insurance agent and was pleased with her service. If you have any detailed questions on insurance here is her contact info. [email protected] Direct Phone :604 394-2583

aliasyvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40
This is super helpful! I'm considering the NVR for my R1S and was curious about the insurance details.

Do you know if the NVR would cover the cost of what you paid or cost of what you paid or current value of a comparable vehicle? With the huge price increases I'd be concerned the most for the latter.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Accidents happen.
I bought an e golf out of Vancouver, the sellers had an optiom policy. crunched the rear bumper cover in a parking lot oops and the policy replaced it with OEM parts. Cant even tell it was done.

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
I tried getting my 3rd party insurance company (Northbridge, via the EGBC program at Park) I've used for my last 3 vehicles to do the optional coverages for my R1T, but they won't cover it as the value is too high. So I'm with ICBC for the moment. Has anyone received coverage from a different 3rd party?
Sponsored