SparkyR1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t/Model Y
Occupation
Retired Commercial Electrician and mechanic
Support allowing user to move clock and temp in front of driver

But let’s also allow driver to position that info anywhere on the front screen for their comfort and ease of use
Sponsored

JBo1828

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
VP
How about submitting one to be able to put the speed in the middle so I can actually see it?? (I can't see the speed at all because it is blocked by the right side of my steering wheel) 🤦‍♂️

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

That's the spirit! The more we poke them, the more likely we'll get traction.
This is honestly one of the downsides, from a company perspective, of OTA updates. People start to expect the ability to change or customize every little thing to their own specific use case and will start bombarding the company with pedantic requests. It used to be that you just accepted things for what they were and got used to them.

For every person who wants the clock moved there will be a person who hates where it gets moved to. There will be no end.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I like the way my E-Tron shows day of the week, date and time on the drivers screen (in the center). I just got my R1T today and already miss that.
Don’t want to hijack this thread, but I have two questions for you. You show a Reno address. Did you pick up the R1T in Sacramento or was it delivered to you? Also, have you heard any updates on the Reno/Sparks service center? The reason I’m curious is, I live in the Carson Valley and may soon get an R1T. Really hoping for that Reno SC. Thanks.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I love not seeing the total miles on our Tesla. I believe our Land Rovers hid it too. So much nicer and peaceful. Less constant reminder that it’s a depreciating “asset”.
Same here. Especially now that we don’t have to track oil changes. Thought I would miss not having the odometer front and center but I feel better that’s it’s hidden.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This is honestly one of the downsides, from a company perspective, of OTA updates. People start to expect the ability to change or customize every little thing to their own specific use case and will start bombarding the company with pedantic requests. It used to be that you just accepted things for what they were and got used to them.

For every person who wants the clock moved there will be a person who hates where it gets moved to. There will be no end.
I’m kind of the opposite. New features are great but I get used to old features and when they change them it’s annoying.

RalphB

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron, Lexus RX450h
Don’t want to hijack this thread, but I have two questions for you. You show a Reno address. Did you pick up the R1T in Sacramento or was it delivered to you? Also, have you heard any updates on the Reno/Sparks service center? The reason I’m curious is, I live in the Carson Valley and may soon get an R1T. Really hoping for that Reno SC. Thanks.
At home delivery. Dion was outstanding - truly a nice guy, knowledgeable and a joy to work with.
I have never heard about a Reno SC. It would be nice. Dion told me that they will occasionally have mobile service do a sort of "popup" SC by scheduling into the area for several days at a time.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
At home delivery. Dion was outstanding - truly a nice guy, knowledgeable and a joy to work with.
I have never heard about a Reno SC. It would be nice. Dion told me that they will occasionally have mobile service do a sort of "popup" SC by scheduling into the area for several days at a time.
Thanks for the info.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
If they humor you also have them add music info, temp, compass, and the trip computer!!
And have them make the overall look give a visual feel that matches the mode....sport....look like a sports car dash.....off road....look like a trophy truck. Of coarse for all the people who chime in this is cheesy....allow it all to be turned off and stay boring like it is or give them a simulated Prius dash or something...

Sponsored

tylerdurden03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla Model 3
Clubs

Rivian should create a specific way to submit feature requests. I think it would be more efficient for their service and customer service areas. My list includes allowing ability to fully turn off brake regen, ability to lock out the tailgate (i’m nervous about hitting open butt accidentally while a bike rack is on it), more functionality to the rear hvac screen, ability to schedule charging on off peak hours, charging stats (Like Tesla) etc…

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (broken), 20"], 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

I think that most people would find the clock's current position unusable (I would call it dangerous). This is the upside to OTA ability - they can correct earlier errors (and I would certainly call that small clock in the far end of the screen an error), when they receive feedback that alerts them to bad design decisions.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I think that most people would find the clock's current position unusable (I would call it dangerous). This is the upside to OTA ability - they can correct earlier errors (and I would certainly call that small clock in the far end of the screen an error), when they receive feedback that alerts them to bad design decisions.
Calling the clock position unusable or dangerous is quite the reach. The truck isn’t that large.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (broken), 20"], 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Calling the clock position unusable or dangerous is quite the reach. The truck isn’t that large.
It is unusable and dangerous, from my perspective. I can't read it, while driving (and wearing my driving glasses and/or sunglasses) without leaning over to get closer to it. There are things I want to see on a regular basis while I am driving. The clock is one of them. The mileage remaining is another (it is closer, but still too small). There's stuff much nearer that I don't ever need while driving (e.g. gear guard icon). YMMV (and your eyes may be better - I am happy for you).
Sponsored