I hesitate to say... guide contact R1S, 9/21 order date

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Very confusing. Happy for OP and I’m a 9/21 preorder myself, but hoping I don’t end up so lucky because next year’s timing works better for me and gives them a chance to work out some more issues between now and then. I feel like previous contacts like this for R1Ts have been explained away as having certain configs already at the service centers and needing to unload it to the next closest reservation, but this makes no sense at all given that no R1S’ have been shipped to service centers yet. The mystery continues…

I agree. Happy for the OP. I'm ok with waiting a bit so that the kinks get worked out. I was told "after 2022" so hopefully somewhere between 2023-2033.
Sponsored

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Okay, I think I've figured out the Rivian Reservation Secret...

You think by placing a reservation early on '18/'19 you should get the vehicle ahead of someone placing a preorder today, or even yesterday.

Not the case.

Rivian is loyal to those customers that waited patiently for them to release their product before placing a preorder. Those are the most hardened, patient, loyal customers. We all jumped at the chance to give Rivian money early on, taking a chance on an unproven productless company. But the Loyalists among us, waited, patiently, knowing that Rivian would take notice of their special number of 84,653 and get them in a pristine ocean coast R1S ahead of those impatient '18,'19's.

Joking aside, congrats on your potential preorder conversion. Not bitter at all..............................................

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Also an R1S Sept ‘21 order. El Cap on Black. Would love to see mine before 1H23, especially if that means June. Anyway, congrats and have fun!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Happened a couple days ago but wasn't sure what to make of it until I heard a response from my questions.

The odd part of the situation is I had contacted customer service (for my first time ever) a few weeks back asking about changing from OC to BM and if that would change my 1st half 2023 preorder to a possible YE 22 order. I received an email back about 2 weeks after saying that I would have seen no change so I kept my order as-is.

Flash forward now another couple weeks and I get guide contact..

Adventure pack, r1s, white on white, standard wheels.

Not trying to make anyone mad.. or excited.. I had some doubts.. I am in Minnesota, about 6 hours or so roughly from Normal. Guess we'll see.
Congratulations