Sponsored

I have RT1 set up to only unlock the drivers door using the fob. I wish I could press all the buttons to open stuff.

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
But no. I can’t use the gear tunnel button, tailgate, front trunk or cover button. I have to unlock all the doors.

I wish one door unlocked would signify “unlocked”. Even the app says it’s ”unlocked”.

Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
It’s semantics, really. I see why you would want that…. I also understand why it doesn’t work that way.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

If you hit the unlock button twice on the fob, does it unlock all the doors? Isn't that pretty standard on a lot of vehicles? Single click opens just driver double click opens the rest of the doors.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Curious, if you have it set to only open the driver door, will a press and a quick press/hold still roll all the windows down?

Bikermomjudi

First Name
Judi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I have noticed the same thing. I have more of an issue with the fact that although I have doors set to only unlock driver door, when I use the app it unlocks all doors. Mentioned to service team and they confirmed that is what happens but could not explain why. Anyone else experience this?

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Does it not work like…pretty much every other car where one press unlocks drivers door, two does everything?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

But no. I can’t use the gear tunnel button, tailgate, front trunk or cover button. I have to unlock all the doors.

I wish one door unlocked would signify “unlocked”. Even the app says it’s ”unlocked”.

Anyone else notice this?
I've never used the setting but this is how I would have programmed it. Driver door only means driver door only. Someone could open another door around the vehicle when you don't want them to be able to. The app says unlocked because the truck is not fully locked.

Bikermomjudi

First Name
Judi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Does it not work like…pretty much every other car where one press unlocks drivers door, two does everything?
The key fob works that way. The phone app opens all doors at once even though the car setting screen is set to just open driver door.
Sponsored