I have access to the shop now, but I don't like any of the configurations

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
....I don't like any of the configurations. I will be checking them frequently as there are more and different ones today than there were last night. The thing I don't understand is how many people ordered the 22" Road Tire package and the puke green interior. City Slickers, I guess. Pretty confounding. There are several I would go ahead and buy right now if they had black interior and all terrain 20" rims.
Sponsored

Last edited:

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

so when did you configure/reserve your Rivian?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
....I don't like any of the configurations. I will be checking them frequently as there are more and different ones today than last night. The thing I don't understand is how many people ordered the 22" Road Tire package and the puke green interior. City Slickers, I guess. Pretty confounding. There are several I would go ahead and buy right now if they had black interior and all terrain 20" rims.
I love my "puke green" interior, but a I think a lot of people don't want to pay extra for an upgraded interior color so those are sitting longer.

I don't understand the 22 inch road tires either. Unless they are in short supply of the 20 and 21s and are using what they have.

The real issue is that they didn't just have people lock in their configuration when they ordered so they knew what to build.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I just picked up a Launch Green with the puke green interior, and 20" black AT wheels. The puke green will be perfect for the family when I take them off-road.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I love my "puke green" interior, but a I think a lot of people don't want to pay extra for an upgraded interior color so those are sitting longer.
Sorry, didn't mean to knock the green interior -- just not my cup of tea. Glad you're liking yours. And, yeah, why buy one of these things if you're not going to take it where it's meant to go? Getting one with 22s & road tires would be sacrilege here in Utah.

Last edited:

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Sorry, didn't mean to knock the green interior -- just not my cup of tea. Glad you're liking yours. And, yeah, why buy one of these things if you're not going to take it where it's meant to go. Buying 22s with road tires would be sacrilege here in Utah.
oh it's fine! I took it light hearted and totally understand people would feel that way about it. Especially paired with some of the exterior colors....

Yeah even in Southern California most of the trucks I've seen have the AT wheels and seem to be owned by people looking to get them dirty, but judging by how many threads there are about detailing and PPF there is definitely a large contingent of people that are just buying them for mall crawling.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
My truck shit the bed so I changed to green interior to get an earlier build. I took 21s over the 20s knowing I was going to have a set of both regardless. I was surprised at how much I like the green compared to the back even though I got it sight unseen.

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
....I don't like any of the configurations. I will be checking them frequently as there are more and different ones today than there were last night. The thing I don't understand is how many people ordered the 22" Road Tire package and the puke green interior. City Slickers, I guess. Pretty confounding. There are several I would go ahead and buy right now if they had black interior and all terrain 20" rims.

Rims……. Sigh. From this “city slicker” they are wheels, lol and I like my 22 inch sport dark wheels. I didn’t want the 40ish+ mile decrease that was advertised by going with the 20 inch all terrains for my everyday commute and frankly thought the standard wheels looked like a flower with the air deflectors. I felt it would be better to have regular sport tire/wheel setup and then a seperate set of off-road wheels/tires for the less often treks off the beaten path.

I got my truck from the Rivian shop though so I’d say just keep checking everyday. Took me about 4 days before I found a design I liked (and frankly when I picked mine, EVERYTHING else was the all terrain wheel/tire package so I’m sure you will see some pop up soon!)

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

It’s funny, I would have thought puke green would be closer to pistachio in terms of shade 😝

Edit: I’m realizing that this does not come across as a joke as I meant it to be. I’m a big fan of the green interior.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rims……. Sigh. From this “city slicker” they are wheels, lol and I like my 22 inch sport dark wheels. I didn’t want the 40ish+ mile decrease that was advertised by going with the 20 inch all terrains for my everyday commute and frankly thought the standard wheels looked like a flower with the air deflectors. I felt it would be better to have regular sport tire/wheel setup and then a seperate set of off-road wheels/tires for the less often treks off the beaten path.

I got my truck from the Rivian shop though so I’d say just keep checking everyday. Took me about 4 days before I found a design I liked (and frankly when I picked mine, EVERYTHING else was the all terrain wheel/tire package so I’m sure you will see some pop up soon!)
Cool, thanks. In my neck of the woods there are rims & tires, and combined they are wheels. Anyway, the 22" sport dark rims definitely look sick and if I were only driving it in the city, I'd get them for sure. I'm not a huge fan of the 20" machined aluminum rims, but didn't want to pay yet another $1700 for the black ones (which is ridiculous that they're that much more) - would rather put my money towards the reinforced underbody.

My R1T won't be my daily driver and, living in SLC, UT, there are 100s of instances where I end up going off-road on a moment's notice - especially with 5 major canyons within 5 to 10 mins from my house.

Glad to hear the green interior is looking better to some than it does on a computer screen. I just prefer the black.

Who knows, I may just end up switching back to the original Max pack and holding out. I'm in no big hurry - but after my 1st Mile drive, I'd sure like one now!

Last edited:

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I’ve seen them live in Venice and the color looks fine. It looks greyish with a subtle twist of green.
I was just joking about the color of puke ;) I’ve seen the green interior a few times myself. I really like it.

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
I did 22s because I know mine was going to be a asphalt queen and the 21s are ugly as sin.

I have zero desire to take it off road, I've been to Moab a ton of times, if I'm going off road it'll be on a dirt bike. I have no idea how anyone would WANT to spend 4 hrs going a mile down the road at a snails pace.

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did 22s because I know mine was going to be a asphalt queen and the 21s are ugly as sin.

I have zero desire to take it off road, I've been to Moab a ton of times, if I'm going off road it'll be on a dirt bike. I have no idea how anyone would WANT to spend 4 hrs going a mile down the road at a snails pace.
I like going all over Utah on dirt bikes, mtn bikes, SXSs and, yes, doing gnarly rock crawling in 4 Low. I'll be taking my Rivian off road A LOT. To each their own.
Sponsored