Sponsored

I had the software updated for 20in AT from 21in and don’t think it worked.

OP
OP
Luckydwg

Luckydwg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
I have another mobile appointment coming out on Friday June 9th. I will update to see if another flash fixed the issue. I am sure it will.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Luckydwg

Luckydwg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
What are the mileage estimates the screen gives you for a full charge on 20's in the charging section?

OP
OP
Luckydwg

Luckydwg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
So figured it all out with the mobile tech. Just an FYI, the tech said they changed the steps or how they flash the software for a tire change, and now it calls for a camera recalibration, but said they did not do it in the past, but if I notice anything weird with the cameras and or driver+ to make an appointment for that as they can only do it in the service center.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I wonder what’s involved in a “camera recalibration” that it can only be done at an SC? 🤔

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

The tech said they use some special mats for calibration.
I can see it now… They park the Rivian on this “special mat”, and then some dude wears a motion capture suit and does this around the vehicle for “camera calibration”.

Rivian R1T R1S I had the software updated for 20in AT from 21in and don’t think it worked. IMG_6597

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Last time I had the software updated, the mobile tech came out and did it, but it was kind of an ordeal. He had to be on the phone to someone at HQ who had to update things on the server side as he updated the truck itself. I really hope it's something they build into the UI soon. They also listed it as a $180 process, but the mobile tech waived the fee because he felt it was ridiculous we couldn't just do it ourselves and we shouldn't have to pay.

That said, next time I swap wheels, I probably will just leave the software as-is. Updating the avatar in-car isn't worth it, and the speedometer running 1-2mph off isn't a huge deal to me, either.

Carloc

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
How much does this service cost?

It seems like they should provide this as a free OTA service for us upon request, since some of us want two sets of wheels/tires - one for winter and one for summer. It would be annoying to deal with this twice a year.
Agreed, and pricy (they charge $60 for the 21->20 flashing).

Carloc

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Last time I had the software updated, the mobile tech came out and did it, but it was kind of an ordeal. He had to be on the phone to someone at HQ who had to update things on the server side as he updated the truck itself. I really hope it's something they build into the UI soon. They also listed it as a $180 process, but the mobile tech waived the fee because he felt it was ridiculous we couldn't just do it ourselves and we shouldn't have to pay.

That said, next time I swap wheels, I probably will just leave the software as-is. Updating the avatar in-car isn't worth it, and the speedometer running 1-2mph off isn't a huge deal to me, either.
Speedometer it is actually more accurate when running 20s (with the computer still thinking 21s)... but distance measurements and range predictions will be off (if you can live with that probably fine). I noticed on the 20s it is less punchy on acceleration, so I scheduled the flashing to see if they change something on the torque delivery or something.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Speedometer it is actually more accurate when running 20s (with the computer still thinking 21s)... but distance measurements and range predictions will be off (if you can live with that probably fine). I noticed on the 20s it is less punchy on acceleration, so I scheduled the flashing to see if they change something on the torque delivery or something.
My speedo is within 1mph of what is displayed on the Sheriff speed signs. 21's with 21 config.

Sponsored

Carloc

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I did long drive with Waze (GPS based speedo) and the truck with 20s and 21 conf and it was smack on to the last digit. I heard others clocking carefully a 20 on 20conf found it to be 1-2mph off (overstating speed, which is likely Ok to avoid tickets). I was just saying that speedo will not be off, but range is very optimistic (still going the 347 in conserve mode that I am sure I will not get)

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

My speedo is within 1mph of what is displayed on the Sheriff speed signs. 21's with 21 config.
It would be 0 if you were running the larger tire. Both by radar signs or gps app tracking.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Yeah, acceleration is noticeably better on the 21s, and I'm pretty sure it's threefold: 1: wheel/tire combo of the 21s is lighter, 2: smaller diameter all around, so it's like running in a lower gear, 3; better dry traction

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
It would be 0 if you were running the larger tire. Both by radar signs or gps app tracking.
Not really. The difference is more than 1mph between 275/55R21 and 275/65R20 once you go past ~30mph... And the faster you go, the bigger the discrepancy.

Rivian R1T R1S I had the software updated for 20in AT from 21in and don’t think it worked. 1686937548477

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Not really. The difference is more than 1mph between 275/55R21 and 275/65R20 once you go past ~30mph... And the faster you go, the bigger the discrepancy.

1686937548477.png
I was speaking to personal observation rather than using the math since I have 275/65R20 tires an my R1T thinks I have the 21s and in contrast when I have the 21s installed I see the 1-2 mile discrepancy that you mentioned.
Sponsored