Sponsored

I had the software updated for 20in AT from 21in and don’t think it worked.

Carloc

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I think the point was that the speedo is by default overstating speed, so once you put-in the "wrong" configuration (bigger tires than the computer knows) it roughly corrects for the baseline bias. I tested across speeds 20-65mph and it was a perfect match with GPS-based speed assessment.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I was speaking to personal observation rather than using the math since I have 275/65R20 tires an my R1T thinks I have the 21s and in contrast when I have the 21s installed I see the 1-2 mile discrepancy that you mentioned.
Rivian should have the capability of recalibrating the number displayed on the dash on the fly, so pretty cool if they actually are doing it. Makes sense they wouldn't want the vehicle to actually be traveling faster than displayed.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
I was speaking to personal observation rather than using the math since I have 275/65R20 tires an my R1T thinks I have the 21s and in contrast when I have the 21s installed I see the 1-2 mile discrepancy that you mentioned.
I never paid attention when I had the 21s on. Vehicle is calibrated for 21's, and when going by GPS on phone it states even at 70 that speedo is exactly correct. So not sure why. Truck definitely still does range from 21s. I'm not worried about that.
Sponsored