Sponsored

I had the software updated for 20in AT from 21in and don’t think it worked.

Luckydwg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
I switched from 21 to the 20AT I had the tech come out and flash the software to the 20in AT. The avatar has changed, the system now says 20 AT but the guess o meter seem to have the same max rang predictions as I had before with the 21in road wheels. I did all the resets of the system but still showing max range in all purpose of 315, sport 311, and conserve of 347. I have a follow up service call but seeing if anyone else has experienced this.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yep. I had the exact same going from 20s to 21s they fixed it on the second visit by re-flashing it again.

OP
OP
Luckydwg

Luckydwg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Yep. I had the exact same going from 20s to 21s they fixed it on the second visit by re-flashing it again.
Did you have to go into a service center or were they able to do it via mobile ?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Did you have to go into a service center or were they able to do it via mobile ?
Both times I was at the SC. First time they were doing other work and for the second fix they squeezed me in on a Friday right before a long road trip. I can't see why a mobile visit wouldn't work though, it's just software.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

How much does this service cost?

It seems like they should provide this as a free OTA service for us upon request, since some of us want two sets of wheels/tires - one for winter and one for summer. It would be annoying to deal with this twice a year.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Both times I was at the SC. First time they were doing other work and for the second fix they squeezed me in on a Friday right before a long road trip. I can't see why a mobile visit wouldn't work though, it's just software.
It makes no sense to me why they can't do this mobile, but they have consistently refused to do it mobile. They say you must go into the SC for wheel config changes. So stupid.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
They should add this option to do this yourself from the vehicle screen
It took Tesla a while to add that option, can't imagine Rivian won't eventually add it too (along with a heat pump and a single 12V Lithium primary battery).

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
It makes no sense to me why they can't do this mobile, but they have consistently refused to do it mobile. They say you must go into the SC for wheel config changes. So stupid.
I'm sure they can do it, but then they need to create the screens and make fields editable by the user. They will need to troubleshoot how this works and do a lot of testing. The alternative is for the small subset of customers you have a tech manually do it and is able to troubleshoot Any issues live.

I'm not saying it's not possible but, I rather them work on vampire drain for the entire fleet than this project that is helpful twice a year for only the customers who swap tire sizes.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm sure they can do it, but then they need to create the screens and make fields editable by the user. They will need to troubleshoot how this works and do a lot of testing. The alternative is for the small subset of customers you have a tech manually do it and is able to troubleshoot Any issues live.

I'm not saying it's not possible but, I rather them work on vampire drain for the entire fleet than this project that is helpful twice a year for only the customers who swap tire sizes.
No, none of that is necessary. The "screens" already exist because the SC does it. The laptops the mobile techs get should work just the same as the laptops the SC has.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Luckydwg

Luckydwg

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
How much does this service cost?

It seems like they should provide this as a free OTA service for us upon request, since some of us want two sets of wheels/tires - one for winter and one for summer. It would be annoying to deal with this twice a year.
I got it done mobile but now they are requesting me going into a service center to do it again. The cost was $180

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I switched from 21 to the 20AT I had the tech come out and flash the software to the 20in AT. The avatar has changed, the system now says 20 AT but the guess o meter seem to have the same max rang predictions as I had before with the 21in road wheels. I did all the resets of the system but still showing max range in all purpose of 315, sport 311, and conserve of 347. I have a follow up service call but seeing if anyone else has experienced this.
All trip computer calculations are based on driving data. Drive it for a while.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
This is silly, I shoud be able to update it via app. Don't like the fact we have to rely on rivian service center to update.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

If they’re able to realign all the cameras based on the size of the wheel/tire via software only, then this should be a simple feature to add so that customers can do it themselves.

NoGoingBack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, R1T
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

They should add this option to do this yourself from the vehicle screen
Oh you mean like Tesla does?😁
I agree, it should be a user changeable setting!
Sponsored