First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I saw this on Rivian's Careers site and it peaked my interest, since I live just south of Wittmann:

Rivian R1T R1S I found Rivian's test track facility, boy what a surprise! 1611805338292

Ford has a test track in Wittmann, so I assumed that with the partnership, that is where they would be testing. Did a Google search for Rivian LLC and Wittmann, found this address:

30700 W Patton Road, Wittmann, AZ

So I drove out there today, knowing that was not the Ford track, and this is what I discovered:

Rivian R1T R1S I found Rivian's test track facility, boy what a surprise! Rivian Test Facility Track Wittman Arizona

And before anyone asks, no Rivian siting, the garages and tracks are far from the secured entrance, these test tracks are very secretive.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I saw this on Rivian's Careers site and it peaked my interest, since I live just south of Wittmann:

1611805338292.png

Ford has a test track in Wittmann, so I assumed that with the partnership, that is where they would be testing. Did a Google search for Rivian LLC and Wittmann, found this address:

So I drove out there today, knowing that was not the Ford track, and this is what I discovered:

View attachment 2747

And before anyone asks, no Rivian siting, the garages and tracks are far from the secured entrance, these test tracks are very secretive.

Found here along with a slew of other locations.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/rivian-service-centers-retail-locations-list.892/

But kickass for you driving out and seeing what is what! You should definitely be seeing a lot of activity there Id imagine.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
A quick google map search address of Toyota Arizona Proving ground shows some satellite images of the facility. Thanks for the detective work AzBill.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Yes, I do, with a GoPro. I need to find some high ground and put on my hiking boots.
No doubt flight restrictions are in place there.

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
A quick google map search address of Toyota Arizona Proving ground shows some satellite images of the facility. Thanks for the detective work AzBill.
Screenshot of area from Google Earth. Map is dated 2018...zoomed in and did not see any Rivians. For this timeframe I was not expecting any....other mapping databases may have more current maps.

Rivian R1T R1S I found Rivian's test track facility, boy what a surprise! Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 1.16.27 PM

OP
OP
azbill

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Screenshot of area from Google Earth. Map is dated 2018...zoomed in and did not see any Rivians. For this timeframe I was not expecting any....other mapping databases may have more current maps.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 1.16.27 PM.jpg
The entrance I found seems to be on the east side, those buildings where the vehicles are is 2 miles from that spot. This spans 12,000 acres. The entrance is the dot with the red circle:

Rivian R1T R1S I found Rivian's test track facility, boy what a surprise! TestTrackEntrance.JPG

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Anybody here have access to more recent sat images?

Sponsored

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y

1611805338292.png

Rivian Test Facility Track Wittman Arizona.jpg

(6300) Toyota Untold: TAPG | Toyota - YouTube

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
According to Airmap, no flight restrictions in place. Drones up!
Sweet!

Wouldn't you think they have counter measures in-place though for just such activity? Not my UAV, so I'm not concerned about a loss, but some may deem it worth the risk for some secret imagery. Have at it!!!

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Sweet!

Wouldn't you think they have counter measures in-place though for just such activity? Not my UAV, so I'm not concerned about a loss, but some may deem it worth the risk for some secret imagery. Have at it!!!
As long as the drone pilot is complying with FAA regulations then interference with that flight by a third party is s federal crime.
Sponsored