cbray1

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tundra platinum hybrid
Rivian R1T R1S I did my first mile today.... H3eTaw4

the R1S is absolutely badass. it was a ton of fun. I am a late reservation holder(october 2022) and i was surprised i could go ahead and schedule the first mile. The rivian rep had me take it on the freeway, off a little offroad area, and do a few 0-60 blasts.

My concern at this point is 3rd row access with 2 car seats in the middle row. We have a 20 month old and a 9 month old. We also have a 9 year old who would basically live out of the 3rd row. it didn't seem like folding the middle row with car seats would work for 3rd row access(boosters are another story, but that's a long way off...) Captains chairs are a huge advantage for us in terms of a practical vehicle.

Bonus:
frunk baby.
Rivian R1T R1S I did my first mile today.... pBeUrb8
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Glad you enjoyed your test drive, surprised I haven’t been scheduled for one with ordering a year before you. Seems rather hit and miss.

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
Dang I’m October off 22 as well and I WISH I could get a first mile

140 degrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Rivian R1T
Clubs

I have had two first drives, one with a T, one with an S. I got the second one by stopping in at the Sacramento service center. I wanted to take another look at the color choices. When an employee came out, she gave me permission to look (but don't touch) the vehicles that were staged in their lot. She also offered me a chance to schedule a drive of an R1S, which of course I accepted. Very friendly and pleasant experience.

If you happen to be close to a service center, and you already have a reservation, I'd encourage you to take a chance and stop in.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Glad you enjoyed your test drive, surprised I haven’t been scheduled for one with ordering a year before you. Seems rather hit and miss.
I have no proof to back this up, but I think you will improve your odds by letting Rivian know you are interested in a First Drive. I contacted them several times prior to R1S First Drives being offered, and they said they would "mark my account" as interested. I got an offer back in November but I could not make it work, then I got an offer about two weeks ago. Coincidence or not?

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Does every Rivian come with a frunk baby now?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I have no proof to back this up, but I think you will improve your odds by letting Rivian know you are interested in a First Drive. I contacted them several times prior to R1S First Drives being offered, and they said they would "mark my account" as interested. I got an offer back in November but I could not make it work, then I got an offer about two weeks ago. Coincidence or not?
Thanks, I will try that. I had thought Brooklyn having to cover a huge area probably didn’t have the capacity but with them restarting first drives after a hiatus I will reach out.