First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure
Tesla absolutely is a hubristic, living-in-a-bubble company. I've never heard a more accurate portrayal of Tesla and Musk. They offered a unique product before everyone else, As time goes on, their product is becoming less and less unique and they too will have to compete on merit.
I find the Tesla comparison ironic as many here claim Rivian is supposed to be the "anti-Tesla". Clearly they have taken significant cues from Tesla's products.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX
Occupation
IT
Tesla absolutely is a hubristic, living-in-a-bubble company. I've never heard a more accurate portrayal of Tesla and Musk.
FWIW I completely agree with you regarding Tesla!

Case in point.... Elon does not want to add CCS to his SC stations because it just irks him. He will delay, defer, deflect, procrastinate, etc.. and it will never happen in the USA unless he is absolutely forced to by the government.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
allroad
Occupation
Tech
I find the Tesla comparison ironic as many here claim Rivian is supposed to be the "anti-Tesla". Clearly they have taken significant cues from Tesla's products.
Elon is a complete asshole but Tesla's market cap is 20X Ford despite Ford revenue being 8X that of Tesla. I don't know why people are having such a hard time grokking this. Rivian doesn't want to be Ford. Rivian's shareholders do not want it to be Ford. Of course they are taking cues from Tesla.

OP
OP

astonius

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicles
Elon is a complete asshole but Tesla's market cap is 20X Ford despite Ford revenue being 8X that of Tesla. I don't know why people are having such a hard time grokking this. Rivian doesn't want to be Ford. Rivian's shareholders do not want it to be Ford. Of course they are taking cues from Tesla.
I’m saying I don’t understand why so many on this forum claim Rivian and RJ are the anti-Tesla and Elon when it’s clear he is following in their footsteps in so many ways. Regardless of the motivations or correctness it is clear he is trying to emulate Tesla, so those claiming Rivian is the anti-Tesla are clearly wrong.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
allroad
Occupation
Tech
I’m saying I don’t understand why so many on this forum claim Rivian and RJ are the anti-Tesla and Elon when it’s clear he is following in their footsteps in so many ways. Regardless of the motivations or correctness it is clear he is trying to emulate Tesla, so those claiming Rivian is the anti-Tesla are clearly wrong.
Best guess is that they say it's the anti-Tesla because RJ doesn't pump and dump crypto currency and tweet poop emojis at other CEOs. But if you're going to try to build the next great electric car company, you'd be a fool not to try to copy as much of the successful bits as possible.

Here's some more fodder for this hopeless discussion, probably written by some tech bubble weirdo who also just doesn't get it:
https://www.vox.com/recode/23166538/apple-google-amazon-cars

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicles
Model S, Land Cruiser, Cayenne, Tundra & more!
Occupation
Nerd
The only big issue I've had is occasional choppiness with the bluetooth connection from the RoadTop to the Rivian. I know the problem lies here because other outputs work fine. It's intermittent, and reconnecting often fixes the issue. I asked RoadTop support about this. They sent me a firmware update to try, but I can't seem to get it to install. I'm waiting on a follow-up from them now.
Any update on this? I I’m having the same issue

OP
OP

astonius

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicles
Any update on this? I I’m having the same issue
Unfortunately, no. Support has been responsive but yet to find a solution. I’m trying to be patient, but if they can’t get a fix in the next few weeks I’ll request a refund and try a different brand.

jdubs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model S
I'm in the same place. It's definitely a bluetooth compatibility issue between the unit and Rivian, I tried this CarlinKit A1 Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto Dongle with an android tablet to see if that would work and it worked flawlessly, so the Rivian can make it work, just need a compatible Bluetooth stack

I've ordered this unit and will return the Roadtop unit: Wireless Apple Carplay & Android Auto

I will post an update on how it turns out. Shame about the Roadtop unit though, was the perfect dimensions and their support was really responsive.