Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Got it. Thank you.

And now the unofficial stupid question of the day. Has anyone found a way to play the Music library on your Apple iPhone using the existing Rivian system without any mods to the existing Rivian system. Right or wrong I have a ton of music sitting in such a library that I have accumulated over the years, and would love to be able to listen to it while driving using the aforementioned Rivian system as it ships from the factory with OTA updates.
astonious covered the option I think you would be most interested in (bluetooth). However, there are also ways to sync Apple Music with Spotify (once or ongoing) so that your library plays native on the Rivian. However, that comes at the expense and hassle of having to subscribe to Spotify and potentially another service such as soundiiz that I linked above to keep things in sync (should you choose to do so). And Spotify may not have access to 100% of your library. There are definite compromises and this may not be the answer for you but wanted you to be aware of the option so that you can make an informed decision.
Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
What ever happened to the confirmed comment by automotive journalist @jasoncammisa that CarPlay was coming? I believe @kanundrum confirmed that in a comment with him a few months ago.

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
What ever happened to the confirmed comment by automotive journalist @jasoncammisa that CarPlay was coming? I believe @kanundrum confirmed that in a comment with him a few months ago.
No one else has reported this, and Cammisa has not provided any details beyond being told “it’s coming.” No names named. Someone also mentioned in a separate thread that automotive reps often lie or misspeak to journalists about features, so it’s completely possible this was never accurate.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
astonious covered the option I think you would be most interested in (bluetooth). However, there are also ways to sync Apple Music with Spotify (once or ongoing) so that your library plays native on the Rivian. However, that comes at the expense and hassle of having to subscribe to Spotify and potentially another service such as soundiiz that I linked above to keep things in sync (should you choose to do so). And Spotify may not have access to 100% of your library. There are definite compromises and this may not be the answer for you but wanted you to be aware of the option so that you can make an informed decision.
Thanks. I have a garage full of uninformed decisions so I do appreciate the info. I never did learn to color within the lines.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It's obviously coming "S00N".

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Got it. Thank you.

And now the unofficial stupid question of the day. Has anyone found a way to play the Music library on your Apple iPhone using the existing Rivian system without any mods to the existing Rivian system. Right or wrong I have a ton of music sitting in such a library that I have accumulated over the years, and would love to be able to listen to it while driving using the aforementioned Rivian system as it ships from the factory with OTA updates.
I might be misunderstanding what you are asking, but I have my phone paired and if i go to the audio menu on the rivian and press the phone icon, it will play the music I play on my phone so I just have to start any given playlist on the iphone. Is that what you are looking for?

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
As we all know, Rivian in their infinite wisdom believes they can build a better software experience than Apple or Google for in-car infotainment.
No they don't. They just don't want to forfeit future digital revenue streams to Google and Apple in the same way that every phone manufacturer, every TV manufacturer, and nearly every car manufacturer have done over the last decade. But congrats on the setup. Looks neat.

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
No they don't. They just don't want to forfeit future digital revenue streams to Google and Apple in the same way that every phone manufacturer, every TV manufacturer, and nearly every car manufacturer have done over the last decade. But congrats on the setup. Looks neat.
Oh I know potential revenue is likely the real reason. My comment was tongue-in-cheek.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac Escalade & Audi Q7
Occupation
IT
So they’d rather forfeit future revenue streams to rival car manufacturers? That’s an interesting choice.

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
I might be misunderstanding what you are asking, but I have my phone paired and if i go to the audio menu on the rivian and press the phone icon, it will play the music I play on my phone so I just have to start any given playlist on the iphone. Is that what you are looking for?
Well, that would work as well. The music part is the most important to me at the moment.

If I'm understanding you correctly, I just need to create a playlist for whatever I intend to play through the Rivian system? Seems simple enough that even I might not screw it up. LOL

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
There have been other rumors of something coming from a different source than cammisa but it seemed more related to Waze. Huge grain of salt and all that -- vague rumor, from a possible inside secret source, on social media.... So likely about as accurate as a Rivian self imposed deadline.

@astonius thanks for the write up! Any concerns with unseating the mount from tapping on the screen over time?

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Does that block some of your vision / road?

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
@astonius thanks for the write up! Any concerns with unseating the mount from tapping on the screen over time?
The suction cup itself seems very strong. I’m not too worried about that. I will say the boom arm is a bit flimsy, however. It’s hard to keep the screen in a precise position. I may play with it a bit tomorrow to see if I can get it more stable.
Sponsored

Last edited: