Sponsored
OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Launch edition now selling for $107-$110k - lack of CarPlay pushing me to exit.
I don't blame you. If the stupid dealership who's had a 2022 Lightning on their lot for months near me would budge on their pricing I'd probably make the jump myself. Ford's CarPlay integration is really good, as pointed about by @branden on Twitter.
Sponsored

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I honestly don’t really miss carplay. The built in nav has gotten me where I needed to be every time I’ve used it and I already used spotify via carplay so I’m not missing anything there either.

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I honestly don’t really miss carplay. The built in nav has gotten me where I needed to be every time I’ve used it and I already used spotify via carplay so I’m not missing anything there either.
That's fine for those who don't. We simply want the option for those of us who do.

Dewer

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
The Spotify app has a very big bug. It is constantly pinging the Spotify servers so if you also use Spotify on your phone or any other device, it keeps halting play. I’ve reported it to Rivian.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The Spotify app has a very big bug. It is constantly pinging the Spotify servers so if you also use Spotify on your phone or any other device, it keeps halting play. I’ve reported it to Rivian.
I haven’t run into that yet. A few times I’ve had to manually switch the source for Spotify on my phone back to my bluetooth speaker but that’s only occurred when I’ve been playing music and then walked over and opened up the truck for something while the music was streaming to the bluetooth speaker. Is that kind of what you’re describing?

Sponsored

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
This isn’t a bug. Not if I’m understanding you correctly. My Sonos speakers do the same thing at my house. If they’re playing from my Spotify profile and I open the app on my phone it switches to my phone. You just need to put your phone in “Offline” mode. While in your truck.

Dewer

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
This isn’t a bug. Not if I’m understanding you correctly. My Sonos speakers do the same thing at my house. If they’re playing from my Spotify profile and I open the app on my phone it switches to my phone. You just need to put your phone in “Offline” mode. While in your truck.
No, this is a bug, Rivian confirmed. Even when you leave the car, the Spotify app in the car continues to ping the Spotify servers. So if I’m 10 miles away from the car, and listening to Spotify on my iPhone, it keeps stopping play every time the Rivian app is hitting Spotify in the background. I then go to Spotify on the web and choose log out of all other devices, and then the problem stops. It is very clearly a software bug in Rivian’s implementation of Spotify.

Dewer

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I don't blame you. If the stupid dealership who's had a 2022 Lightning on their lot for months near me would budge on their pricing I'd probably make the jump myself. Ford's CarPlay integration is really good, as pointed about by @branden on Twitter.
I’m going back to a suburban. Rivian Nav is not very well done either, constantly in conflict with Google maps, and Google maps is right every time.

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
No, this is a bug, Rivian confirmed. Even when you leave the car, the Spotify app in the car continues to ping the Spotify servers. So if I’m 10 miles away from the car, and listening to Spotify on my iPhone, it keeps stopping play every time the Rivian app is hitting Spotify in the background. I then go to Spotify on the web and choose log out of all other devices, and then the problem stops. It is very clearly a software bug in Rivian’s implementation of Spotify.
ahhh. gotcha!!! that clarification makes more sense!

Sponsored

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I haven’t had that happen ever. It’s pretty much a daily thing for me to get out of the truck and then start playing spotify for the next few hours over bluetooth.

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I’m going back to a suburban. Rivian Nav is not very well done either, constantly in conflict with Google maps, and Google maps is right every time.
Put in a trade-in quote for a Model X now that there’s a somewhat native solution there. I had one on order last year but let it lapse since nether showed promise and all else equal I preferred the Rivian. Still gonna try to work this dealer with the Lightning a bit as well.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
I’m sticking with Rivian for now because of the better Range, Horse Power & Smaller size. But if Ford makes strides with any one of my reasons I would be reconsidering as well

TeslaToRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Put in a trade-in quote for a Model X now that there’s a somewhat native solution there. I had one on order last year but let it lapse since nether showed promise and all else equal I preferred the Rivian. Still gonna try to work this dealer with the Lightning a bit as well.
You have a current Model X? I have had one for years (now have Plaid) and am considering selling to get into my Rivian on order.

Trying to find members who have left Tesla for Rivian. Is there a thread for this??

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
You have a current Model X? I have had one for years (now have Plaid) and am considering selling to get into my Rivian on order.

Trying to find members who have left Tesla for Rivian. Is there a thread for this??
I don't have one. I had an order at the original pricing for a MXLR and even had a VIN assigned, but I decided to pass on it. Kinda wishing I hadn't at this point, though with the recent price drop for Plaids I'm considering a new order.
Sponsored