Sponsored

garthkoyle

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14' Honda Odyssey, 2020 Lincoln Navigator L Reserve
@Iwantatesla did you get a chance to get this measurement? I looked but didn't see it, so sorry if I've missed it among the vastness of this thread. ?‍♂

How high off the ground is the tailgate when the suspension is in the lowest setting and the tailgate is open?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Received this from customer service:

Rivian R1T R1S I’m backkkkk. What do you want to see / know? 1642636431834

So, not a good plan for recovery or towing from the front without the offroad package.
I see some some encouraging news here. Winch and bumper "options will be available to all Rivian owners, even after delivery. More to come on that s 0 0 n !"

Winches and bumpers need solid frame connection points. This implies that mounting points are available and accessible. If you can install a winch after delivery, you can certainly install front recovery hook(s), even if it's a 3rd party custom fabricated solution.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
@Iwantatesla did you get a chance to get this measurement? I looked but didn't see it, so sorry if I've missed it among the vastness of this thread. ?‍♂
sorry about the Batman vibes. It looks like 29.5 but I’d say make it 30” because I have a slight slope

Rivian R1T R1S I’m backkkkk. What do you want to see / know? 0F60475B-3834-486B-84A1-58477744DEBC

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

When I was in LA at the first mile event I got under one and was looking. I sure hope you are right that the off-road package upgrades the left/right you have marked, the model they had felt like cheap plastic there but also had the tow hooks.
ive yet to see any R1Ts without the offroad upgrade so i would assume this photo is with the upgrades already.

why is it so freaking hard to get basic info like this from Rivian?

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

has the Rivian Membership started for you? if so can you share any details? what it encompasses, when it started, how long it lasts, is it still free? how much will it cost after the free period runs out.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
25' Airstream, tongue weight ~850lbs.
Payload has been a big concern for me as well. I’ve raised the same issue with the Max pack and Rivian not being forthright in say sharing the 1,419 lb payload on the TFL truck, I also have a picture from First Mile event.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
has the Rivian Membership started for you? if so can you share any details? what it encompasses, when it started, how long it lasts, is it still free? how much will it cost after the free period runs out.
I'm assuming it has I'm not sure what's included in it tbh. I know for a fact the LTE is, so chances are it's like Tesla's premium connectivity with a bit more.

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
Payload has been a big concern for me as well. I’ve raised the same issue with the Max pack and Rivian not being forthright in say sharing the 1,419 lb payload on the TFL truck, I also have a picture from First Mile event.
So do we know if the TFL truck photo was an anomaly, or do all of the R1Ts coming off the line right now with off-road and 20" have the same sticker? The Model Y went through a period where initial cars had stickers with lower payload ratings (around 900 lbs), then after the 7 seater was certified, they now all have ratings a few hundred higher. Anyways, something seems off about the 1400 lbs rating on the stickers thus far.

@Iwantatesla does your door sticker look the same as the TFL truck?

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
So do we know if the TFL truck photo was an anomaly, or do all of the R1Ts coming off the line right now with off-road and 20" have the same sticker? The Model Y went through a period where initial cars had stickers with lower payload ratings (around 900 lbs), then after the 7 seater was certified, they now all have ratings a few hundred higher. Anyways, something seems off about the 1400 lbs rating on the stickers thus far.

I’ve asked Iwantatesla a couple of times…he didn’t respond several times, and then posted the GVWR label which is directly below the payload label. So like many with R1T’s, for some unknown reason, they refuse to post a picture of the payload rating. My guess is the base Explore payload is the 1,760. Then as you add weight with the Adventure, and off-road as every truck to date has, you get to the 1,419 lb payload. My questions to Rivian have been so what is payload rating for Adventure with no off-road pk? Adventure with Max Pack. These along with other specifications which absolutely should be public information at this point and Rivian still refuses to provide answers.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Yes his sticker says the same. He posted it in another thread.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
I Have a NEMA 14-50 outlet. My utility provides rebates and off peak charging rates if I share data so I have a connected charger (Enel-x or ChargePoint) that’s a J1772 and I can charge my S or R1T on it.

I keep the mobile chargers for both cars in the trunk just in case I travel and need it.
Sorry if it’s been answered before but how many mph are you getting with this home charging setup and at how many amps?

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I'm assuming it has I'm not sure what's included in it tbh. I know for a fact the LTE is, so chances are it's like Tesla's premium connectivity with a bit more.
you should fine out, otherwise you're missing out on benefits. Rivian at one pointed stated it would be free for a year and comes with free charging. so wondering if thats only for RAN or works at other charging stations. if you could share more that'd be appreciated.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Is the hardware in the truck to reconfigure the battery for 800V charging? I know, easy question to answer.
Sponsored