First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
@Iwantatesla thanks for the new driver+ video. Looks pretty good and that they're pretty quickly iterating on it! How's it handle curves?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
@Iwantatesla thanks for the new driver+ video. Looks pretty good and that they're pretty quickly iterating on it! How's it handle curves?
It was handling it great! I actually had a clip before this with a pretty serious curve. Unfortunately a crap driver in front of me ruined it.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It was handling it great! I actually had a clip before this with a pretty serious curve. Unfortunately a crap driver in front of me ruined it.
That's great. That's definitely the one area where the other systems seem to struggle.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
@Iwantatesla Just curious, which charger are you using at home? Did you get a Rivian charger, just using the one that came with the truck or have a previous one?

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
@Iwantatesla Just curious, which charger are you using at home? Did you get a Rivian charger, just using the one that came with the truck or have a previous one?
I Have a NEMA 14-50 outlet. My utility provides rebates and off peak charging rates if I share data so I have a connected charger (Enel-x or ChargePoint) that’s a J1772 and I can charge my S or R1T on it.

I keep the mobile chargers for both cars in the trunk just in case I travel and need it.

Sponsored

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
We gotta get him over 1000 subscribers. Please spread the word on the other forums. Thank you for the videos. we are living vicariously through them right now.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I have to say not having the ability to play music files from a USB source is very short sighted. First and foremost I am always about choice and this a huge choice that the customer will not be able to have. I can understand not going with Android Auto or Carplay - if you think you have a better solution more power to you. However if outside of my phone my only option is spotify then thats crazy. Second from a security perspective if I am at a campsite (no data at all) spotify is a bust, supposedly I can connect my phone and play music from it - fine. But what if I want to let others listen to music while I go for a hike? I will now have to allow them to connect to my vehicle just to listen to some sound files, I don't want to do that! It would be so so so much easier to put them on flash drive, hit random and call it a day. I just do not understand this. Way did my 2015 not only have a USB slot but an SD slot to play files from - how convenient. I reached out to customer service on this as well - they had no answer. You would think for $75k this would be a no brainer. Ok I'm done venting - now about the built in universal garage door opener...wait what?
Or you just pull the bluetooth speaker out of the truck . . . .

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I for one am incredibly disappointed with the frunk and the bed height.
Not one of them will fit my 45 litre fridge/freezer in it. Frunk dimensions have changed since the unveiling, so it now isn't tall enough with the false floor (which wasn't there before) and isnt wide enough (due to the fan slope), and the bed is an inch too short for the tonneau cover to fit while it is in the tray. Needless to say, it also won't fit in the gear tunnel.

Looks like I'll be waiting for an alternative. This sucks.
Given all of the electric trucks and SUVs coming on line over the next year or two, I imagine someone out these will show some foresight and design a fridge specifically for these electric vehicles. I imagine most small fridges are too tall since it wasn’t designed to go into a frunk; plus, there is no air ventilation in these enclosed spaces (frunk/gear tunnel) so it might overheat and there goes your bud-light. But with all of these vehicles that will come with plugs in the frunk and bed, it’s a good opportunity to design a fridge specifically for these electric trucks that require little or no ventilation and are shallower while being efficient. Plus, the opening would probably need to be on top instead of in front.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
240-250 w/ all terrain in winter. Not bad. Considering I am in CT we don't have a ton of really cold days like other areas so if I can get that range I would be happy

Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
240-250 w/ all terrain in winter. Not bad. Considering I am in CT we don't have a ton of really cold days like other areas so if I can get that range I would be happy
Completely agree. I'm most surprised by 240-250 in the winter on ATs. That's similar to what I get in my MY and it's a hell of a lot lighter vehicle that's running on AS tires.

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Completely agree. I'm most surprised by 240-250 in the winter on ATs. That's similar to what I get in my MY and it's a hell of a lot lighter vehicle that's running on AS tires.
The large pack will probably be enough for me then considering I don't plan on keeping the truck forever and will get something new when EV range gets better. Although I don't agree with the guy saying he put his dog in the gear tunnel to contain her fur.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The large pack will probably be enough for me then considering I don't plan on keeping the truck forever and will get something new when EV range gets better. Although I don't agree with the guy saying he put his dog in the gear tunnel to contain her fur.
It's a very promising start for range. Hopefully as more of these hit the wild and the range numbers have a greater sample size we'll be able to better analyze the data. Doesn't suck any less for those Max Pack orders who truly need the extra range. But as someone who was on the fence at one point I'd rather drive one sooner and trade it in a few years for the next Gen version that will likely be 400 miles in the "standard" pack.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Thanks for all the content.

My request: Can you drive your R1T to Normal and take a video of the 3rd row access in the R1S? :D

Cbarwick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Sport Supercharged, Jaguar F-TypeR, AMG GT Conv
If you are able, I’d love to see a full side profile of an Adult in the drivers seat and another adult seated in the back directly behind - feel free to cut off the heads, I’m mostly concerned with leg room in the back. How comfortable will the family be on road trips…..
I did a test drive recently. Tons of leg room in the back. I’m 5’11, there was 4 or 5 inches of space in front of my knees. The back seating position is elevated and you have a great view. Really impressed with the back passenger experience.
Sponsored