First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Skyline R32 GTR, Subaru Forester Turbo SH9
Occupation
IT Professional
I have to say not having the ability to play music files from a USB source is very short sighted. First and foremost I am always about choice and this a huge choice that the customer will not be able to have. I can understand not going with Android Auto or Carplay - if you think you have a better solution more power to you. However if outside of my phone my only option is spotify then thats crazy. Second from a security perspective if I am at a campsite (no data at all) spotify is a bust, supposedly I can connect my phone and play music from it - fine. But what if I want to let others listen to music while I go for a hike? I will now have to allow them to connect to my vehicle just to listen to some sound files, I don't want to do that! It would be so so so much easier to put them on flash drive, hit random and call it a day. I just do not understand this. Way did my 2015 not only have a USB slot but an SD slot to play files from - how convenient. I reached out to customer service on this as well - they had no answer. You would think for $75k this would be a no brainer. Ok I'm done venting - now about the built in universal garage door opener...wait what?
Yeah this is odd. Every one of my cheap chinese made head units that I've purchased in the last 10 years has had at least USB in and the majority have microSD too. 512gb is enough to put a lot of FLAC on
Sponsored

Dohmar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Skyline R32 GTR, Subaru Forester Turbo SH9
Occupation
IT Professional
I for one am incredibly disappointed with the frunk and the bed height.
Not one of them will fit my 45 litre fridge/freezer in it. Frunk dimensions have changed since the unveiling, so it now isn't tall enough with the false floor (which wasn't there before) and isnt wide enough (due to the fan slope), and the bed is an inch too short for the tonneau cover to fit while it is in the tray. Needless to say, it also won't fit in the gear tunnel.

Looks like I'll be waiting for an alternative. This sucks.

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Not one of them will fit my 45 litre fridge/freezer in it. Frunk dimensions have changed since the unveiling, so it now isn't tall enough with the false floor (which wasn't there before) and isnt wide enough (due to the fan slope), and the bed is an inch too short for the tonneau cover to fit while it is in the tray. Needless to say, it also won't fit in the gear tunnel.

You’re talking about an alternative fridge/cooler right? Not an alternative truck that will fit your cooler?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
If it stays as cold as it is right now - 11 degrees down to 4 degrees later tonight - I might be tempted to burn some CDs, but I do have plenty of firewood, lol.
That’s t-shirt weather!

garthkoyle

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14' Honda Odyssey, 2020 Lincoln Navigator L Reserve
How high off the ground is the tailgate when the suspension is in the lowest setting and the tailgate is open?

Last edited:

Sponsored

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I would love to know about the ability to do the following on the infotainment system:

Play music from YouTube Music
Watch a show while charging (Netflix, YouTube, Disney+ etc.)
Search along a route while driving for a restaurant or other place you want to stop
Have exterior cameras on the screen while driving on the highway
Use gearguard as dashcam

For the physical truck, fitting coolers in the frunk would be useful. It's an awkward shape to measure.
If you have the gear shuttle, the latching mechanism for attaching things like he camp kitchen would be cool to learn more about.

Any of those that you go over would be amazing. Thanks!
You can play YouTube and play audio over Bluetooth so music shouldn't be a problem. Same goes for other streaming services but you can't stream on the screen.

Yes you can search for a POI while driving.

Yes you can view both the front and rear cameras while driving.

Don't believe you can use gear guard at the moment as a dash cam. Only for security while away

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Yeah, truck is great, but damn thing doesn't fit my PORTABLE fridge, so can't buy it. Have to wait years for someone to spend billions of dollars to design a new truck that will fit my PORTABLE fridge because there's no damn way I'm replacing that PORTABLE fridge!!

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yeah, truck is great, but damn thing doesn't fit my PORTABLE fridge, so can't buy it. Have to wait years for someone to spend billions of dollars to design a new truck that will fit my PORTABLE fridge because there's no damn way I'm replacing that PORTABLE fridge!!
I’m hoping this is a huge concern and enough people with a 2022 Q2 or Q3 delivery window cancel so I can get one of their spots.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Not to mention the 50 cupholders required for all the drinks in that portable fridge. Given the double whammy between lack of cupholders and lack of foresight to fit every portable fridge, there will obviously be a flood of cancellations. :facepalm:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
If you'd kindly post photos of the trip computer efficiency numbers for any trips you do of decent length, with approximate outside temperature as well, that'd be fantastic! At the end of the day real world range/efficiency is going to be the big factor for those who want to use it as an "adventure vehicle".

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Quick question for anyone that has taken delivery. There are a couple of threads with people asking about lead time contact before delivery. There are at least a couple in this thread that have taken delivery.

How far in advance did they contact you for your delivery?

Did they ask for your final confirmation of configuration for the build or tell you what they had and could deliver?

Anything else you can share about the experience?

Sparkie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Sky Tacoma Ford
Occupation
Self
Hey Ijustwantatesla, thanks for taking time to reply to everyone's questions. I think it would be cool to hear how the horn sounds. Not found any videos of this and/or if there are options to select different sounds.

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
The one at the Venice hub was working when I was there. I don’t remember it being “quiet” - it had a clunk and thud to it. It sort reminded me of the sound of a baggage claim conveyor belt…

But not in a bad way. More like a heavy-machinery sorta way? Maybe because the slats were so stiff? Or maybe it was about to break? Who knows.
don't worry , it'll loosen up - that's for sure ?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Hey Ijustwantatesla, thanks for taking time to reply to everyone's questions. I think it would be cool to hear how the horn sounds. Not found any videos of this and/or if there are options to select different sounds.
There are no optional horn sounds. It sounds like a normal horn.

Are there any non-video game vehicles with selectable horns?
Sponsored