Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Can confirm, I'm 6'4" (mostly legs) and 245, I fit behind myself comfortably on my test drive. It's not expansive or anything but I wasn't bumping the seat in a comfortable posture. Plenty of headroom in the back too.
Can you compare the legroom/space to a Tacoma, Ridgeline, or F-150 (my known data points)
Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Can you compare the legroom/space to a Tacoma, Ridgeline, or F-150 (my known data points)
Limited experience in those but I'd say it felt considerably roomier all around than a Tacoma, but the back seat is nowhere near as spacious as a full quad cab F-150. Definitely helps that there's no drive tunnel so the floor is completely flat front and back so everything just feels more open.

My daily driver today is a Model Y and I'd say sitting behind me as the driver, it's comparable in terms of legroom (probably 2-3 inches more generous at the knees), but a little more upright (e.g. your feet aren't as high as in the Y, so your knees aren't as bunched up.)

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I can't find it now, but I thought somewhere it was detailed as carbon fiber.
So you think Carbon fiber is standard and they put something on top of it as upgrade?

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

If you are able, I’d love to see a full side profile of an Adult in the drivers seat and another adult seated in the back directly behind - feel free to cut off the heads, I’m mostly concerned with leg room in the back. How comfortable will the family be on road trips…..
I would suggest not decapitating people who sit in your R1T. A little extreme don't you think?

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I would like to see how the Rivian app works, if you can show a video of different settings and features, and kind of how it works.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

So one of the benefits of CarPlay for myself is the ability to select an appointment and its location to automatically populate the navigation of the phone.

Does the Rivian App have any calendar or contact integration for their navigation control? Would love to see some shots of the app/car control screens in action.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
but the back seat is nowhere near as spacious as a full quad cab F-150.
I know you're not implying this, but also not cramped. My spouse found it no worse than our XC60.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Thanks a bunch. It does sound like material under battery remains the same. It just extends in all directions with upgrade.
Not to have you step back on this but the way I read it is the off-road package is more reinforced and extended…

With the Off-Road Upgrade, available to add on to the Adventure Package or Explore Package, the underbody shield is enhanced with reinforced materials extending from bumper to bumper and side to side

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
When I met RJ at the Atlanta event back in 2019, he specifically mentioned that his wife's feedback on the design (we both had young kids are were driving Pacifica hybrids at the time) was that it had to fit 3 car seats across.
Yeah, I believe there was a picture of the R1S as well with 3 across. My use case though is a car seat in the middle and 2 adults in the other seats :)

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Not to have you step back on this but the way I read it is the off-road package is more reinforced and extended…

With the Off-Road Upgrade, available to add on to the Adventure Package or Explore Package, the underbody shield is enhanced with reinforced materials extending from bumper to bumper and side to side
Good to know my reading is not the same as others. The reason I think there is no change to battery pack protection with upgrade is the first paragraph:

Rivian R1T R1S I’m backkkkk. What do you want to see / know? 1642211103187

Why would they want to add another layer to the three that already provides "protection in most extreme off-road conditions"? the weak spots must be around it. Even if you are correct, based on this statement, that is more than enough protection for me. I just wish I could get the hooks for less than 2K so I can be towed while I am charging when I run out of juice.

Edit:
I just found this photo. I am thinking the pieces I marked in red are being upgraded:

Rivian R1T R1S I’m backkkkk. What do you want to see / know? 1642212172088

Last edited: