Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Would love to see how Alexa voice commands work for navigating and using the vehicle.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Seconding charging. That’s probably my biggest concern. How quickly does it charge above 50% at a DC fast charger? How long can it maintain >150kW at lower SOC?
also any long term / average efficiency values.
Thanks.
I'm with you, but @Iwantatesla isn't near an easily accessed 350kW charger. So we're asking a lot of him here unless he happens to go on a road trip.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm with you, but @Iwantatesla isn't near an easily accessed 350kW charger. So we're asking a lot of him here unless he happens to go on a road trip.
Oh good to know, thanks.
I haven’t kept up with all the details so I am sorry if this has been described, but any qualitative thoughts on the navigation would be valuable - how it compares to google maps. If it was only as good as the system in my ID4 I honestly would reconsider the truck (very confident it will be better). It needs to be good if there is no other option.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
what's excited (or frustrated) you about the truck most recently that you'd want to share?

I think there are some questions from some folks about how the system handles calls and texts over bluetooth. So showing that may be appreciated.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Could you do a highway test at 60 and 70mph? There is a power consumption on the dash and maybe you can record the consumption at those 2 speeds. If you could also get a decibel reader app and measure how loud is the cabin at highway speeds....

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Oh good to know, thanks.
I haven’t kept up with all the details so I am sorry if this has been described, but any qualitative thoughts on the navigation would be valuable - how it compares to google maps. If it was only as good as the system in my ID4 I honestly would reconsider the truck (very confident it will be better). It needs to be good if there is no other option.
Direct experience:
the nav in our ID4 is hot trash as you know.

Nav in the R1T did everything I expected of it when I did my mobile drive from a routing standpoint. I'm sure he can tell you how it performs with the actual urban routing and "take a left, take a right, avoid this traffic" aspect of it. But from a "I want to go from A to B and need a smart charging approach" it did a great job. The only thing I noticed that it did not do was pick up that several of the stations on the route were 350kw rather than 150kw. That being said, I'm not sure how it else would handle that since they (EA) generally has 1 or 2 350kW chargers and then more 150kW chargers.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Could you do a highway test at 60 and 70mph? There is a power consumption on the dash and maybe you can record the consumption at those 2 speeds. If you could also get a decibel reader app and measure how loud is the cabin at highway speeds....
Someone needs to get Tom or Kyle a truck for a day huh? Hopefully Tom's friend gets his soon.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
This thing was definitely improved on! Fitment is better. Anyway, point of this thread. I’m filming more soon.

- What do you want me to go over. Let’s make a list and I’ll do my best

0ABB3643-A3D8-408B-9B4E-410BF606C4A4.jpeg
I would love to know about the ability to do the following on the infotainment system:

Play music from YouTube Music
Watch a show while charging (Netflix, YouTube, Disney+ etc.)
Search along a route while driving for a restaurant or other place you want to stop
Have exterior cameras on the screen while driving on the highway
Use gearguard as dashcam

For the physical truck, fitting coolers in the frunk would be useful. It's an awkward shape to measure.
If you have the gear shuttle, the latching mechanism for attaching things like he camp kitchen would be cool to learn more about.

Any of those that you go over would be amazing. Thanks!

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I would love to know about the ability to do the following on the infotainment system:

Use gearguard as dashcam
Customer service is telling people that dashcam is not a feature of gear guard but could be an update in the future.

Sponsored

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
they are wondering if a 4' piece of plywood can lay flat in the bed or if it will rest on the wheelwell in the bed.
It will fit flat. Measured at the Venice Hub. IIRC it was 50" between the wheel wells.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Customer service is telling people that dashcam is not a feature of gear guard but could be an update in the future.
I don't see why it wouldn't be. Seems like an obvious advantage and could potentially reduce insurance rates, right?

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
If you are able, I’d love to see a full side profile of an Adult in the drivers seat and another adult seated in the back directly behind - feel free to cut off the heads, I’m mostly concerned with leg room in the back. How comfortable will the family be on road trips…..

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Have they told you how the Rivian membership will work? I’m curious about that, I haven’t heard much about it from the owners, if anything

Last edited:

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Hey Rivian - if you’re listening, it would be great to add something like this to your site - allow customers to ask for videos of things they want to see and then show them. With not many test drive options, this would be a great way to answer feedback.
Sponsored