First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 PRIME
Occupation
Director, clinical operations
What is the depth (front to back) in the middle of the bottom area of the frunk with the floor panel up? i saw pictures with the width (side to side) and the height (top to bottom). Looking to see what can fit down in that space. Thanks!

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Air suspension should level it out, how bad could it beeee?

?
I think he is more concerned about the payload rating of only 1,419 lbs. With his Airstream tongue weight of 850 lb, he is left with 569 lbs of payload. 2 adults and 2 teenagers with luggage could easily surpass the R1T's payload rating in this situation.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I think he is more concerned about the payload rating of only 1,419 lbs. With his Airstream tongue weight of 850 lb, he is left with 569 lbs of payload. 2 adults and 2 teenagers with luggage could easily surpass the R1T's payload rating in this situation.
Just put the luggage in the Airstream.

... and the teenagers ?

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Winches and bumpers need solid frame connection points. This implies that mounting points are available and accessible. If you can install a winch after delivery, you can certainly install front recovery hook(s), even if it's a 3rd party custom fabricated solution.
We know there's at least one test R1T with a winch mounted (and rear tow hooks, and rock sliders). Judging by the reflectors it's a later production-validation model and not one of the early handbuilt models, so I think it's safe to say this is at least contemplated in the LE design, especially given CS assurances. I'm confident there will be OEM and aftermarket options.

Rivian R1T spotted with extended yellow tow hooks and winch | Rivian Forums - R1T & R1S Owners, News, Discussions, RIVN Stock

Sponsored

BWV 565

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town & Country
Clubs

Open one door fully. Measure how far it sticks out. Double thst value and add it to overall width
Do we know the overall width not counting the mirrors? Yes, I know 81.8 in with side mirrors folded, but judging from pics I've seen, the mirrors still stick out some when folded. Iwantatesla, can you confirm? If it's easier to measure wheel track width (outer sidewall - outer sidewall) that would also be a good comparison to my current vehicle. Thanks again for all the info/measurements!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Is the hardware in the truck to reconfigure the battery for 800V charging? I know, easy question to answer.
Nope. As shown by TFL. And the EPA submittals from Rivian.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Nope. As shown by TFL. And the EPA submittals from Rivian.
TFL disassembled the batteries? Maybe I should have watched their videos. If Motortrend still wants to argue about it being available for a future OTA, there needs to be actual hardware involved in performing the switchover.

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, White, Forest Edge, 22” Brights
Occupation
Mechanical, Engineering, Technician for Navy (Undersea Warfare)Retired
It's not bad at all. I'd say it's like skateboard wheels.
?? Be careful saying it sounds like skateboard wheels. Ever hear skateboard wheels of the 50’s and 60’s?
I know, showing my age.?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
TFL disassembled the batteries? Maybe I should have watched their videos. If Motortrend still wants to argue about it being available for a future OTA, there needs to be actual hardware involved in performing the switchover.
Sorry, I misunderstood your statement. I thought you meant *enabled* currently.

IMO, Rivian needs to clarify this, particularly because of the MotorTrend articles, but they won't.

If someone will be able to get clarification about the "switch" we're all hoping for, it would be TFL right now. But they'd have to know what specifically to ask, as well as get clarification from Rivian on if the response isn't totally clear. I know several people have pressed Rivian about it with no success.

Sponsored

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe the OP (@Iwantatesla) can do a similar test like TFL on the battery or speak to it based on his own experience ie going from 20% to 80% charge and 10% to 80% charge to see how long it takes and whether any chargers he's used outside might be able to charge the truck beyond 150kW.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
@Iwantatesla have you noticed an OBDII plug below the dash? I can't seem to get confirmation that there is or isn't one, but someone on Reddit seems to think there is. I'm curious if they're full of something.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
@Iwantatesla have you noticed an OBDII plug below the dash? I can't seem to get confirmation that there is or isn't one, but someone on Reddit seems to think there is. I'm curious if they're full of something.
I'll take a deeper look tomorrow when it's not freezing lol

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'll take a deeper look tomorrow when it's not freezing lol
Do not blame you. The last time I was in NYC in the winter, the river was half frozen and I was standing in the wind on governors island doing some construction observations. Fun times!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE