Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I did a test drive recently. Tons of leg room in the back. I’m 5’11, there was 4 or 5 inches of space in front of my knees. The back seating position is elevated and you have a great view. Really impressed with the back passenger experience.
Thanks! This helps. The last thing I’m looking to do is buy a truck for $75K and find out after the fact the family doesn’t fit or prefers our SUV for travel.
Sponsored

ThatOneGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Updated with more measurements.

Messed around with my 360 camera today. No talking just figured it would be cool to “take a ride”

I am shocked that no one has commented on your dog being in the gear tunnel and sticking his head out of the pass through. Genuinely curious, is he comfortable back there? We have a smaller dog and I feel like it would be the perfect spot for her.

DWGinther

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
I am a tall person and not very flexible at this point. Can you provide measurements and pics that would address ingress and egress from the driver's side? Specifically, what is the maximum vertical height of the driver's side door opening (sill to top) and how high is the driver's seat (in the lowest and most back position) above the sill. Thanks.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
Thanks! This helps. The last thing I’m looking to do is buy a truck for $75K and find out after the fact the family doesn’t fit or prefers our SUV for travel.
I’m 6’3 275 and fit behind myself with some extra room between the front seat and my knees.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am shocked that no one has commented on your dog being in the gear tunnel and sticking his head out of the pass through. Genuinely curious, is he comfortable back there? We have a smaller dog and I feel like it would be the perfect spot for her.
shes a 1 year old husky that’s a bit smaller. She’s weird so I think it’s comfy for her

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

shes a 1 year old husky that’s a bit smaller. She’s weird so I think it’s comfy for her
How small is she? Our Husky is about 55 pounds.

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Does Spotify show up on the front display (kinda like how Tesla has it in an X/S)?

Watching your Driver+ video the whole right side is ripe for media information and speed could move to middle top or bottom.

TIA

Sponsored

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I want to join the chorus of "Thank you"s from everyone. It's awesome all the information you're sharing with us.

I have a question. I'm watching your "Impressions after 4 weeks" video - and a few times you mention something to the spirit of "when you press on the accelerator it just shoots off like it's on rails"

Now, I've only driven ONE EV vehicle - my First Drive with an R1T. I had assumed that the 3 things I noticed as majorly different from all my ICE driving were unique not so much because it was a Rivian, but instead because it was an EV vehicle (1-Regen braking; 2-direct connection between accelerator and speed; and 3-the amazing acceleration when you step on the gas "shot out of a cannon").

But your comments in this video makes me wonder if all those things are unique to ALL EV vehicles, or if there's something special about the Rivian. I don't expect you to answer that for all EV vehicles, but I believe you also own a Tesla Model S. How different is the Rivian in your opinion - in terms of driving experience?

Thanks so much!

Scott
LE RIS - LG March-April 2022

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I want to join the chorus of "Thank you"s from everyone. It's awesome all the information you're sharing with us.

I have a question. I'm watching your "Impressions after 4 weeks" video - and a few times you mention something to the spirit of "when you press on the accelerator it just shoots off like it's on rails"

Now, I've only driven ONE EV vehicle - my First Drive with an R1T. I had assumed that the 3 things I noticed as majorly different from all my ICE driving were unique not so much because it was a Rivian, but instead because it was an EV vehicle (1-Regen braking; 2-direct connection between accelerator and speed; and 3-the amazing acceleration when you step on the gas "shot out of a cannon").

But your comments in this video makes me wonder if all those things are unique to ALL EV vehicles, or if there's something special about the Rivian. I don't expect you to answer that for all EV vehicles, but I believe you also own a Tesla Model S. How different is the Rivian in your opinion - in terms of driving experience?

Thanks so much!

Scott
LE RIS - LG March-April 2022
its All about delivery of power and a lot of it is software related and BMS related. I’ve driven pretty much every EV in the market (except a Lucid Air) Tesla and Rivian nailed their acceleration modes. The Mach-e delivers too.

the throttle response in Sport Mode in the R1T is reminiscent to the way Tesla does it. It’s the most direct feeling you’ll get. The way the Rivian puts the power down is great. I can’t really compare it to the Plaid because… that’s just a scary car under full acceleration. Both feel incredibly quick but the way they accelerate is very different. Both drive great, it’s just different

R1TMDSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5, GMC Yukon XL
That’s great! If you have time I would love to get your experiences with how the infotainment screen and driver screen interact with sending/receiving calls and text messages and how that experience is overall. Has there been anything that you just didn’t expect that has just blown you away? Thanks for sharing your experience!
@Iwantatesla Thank you so much for all of your insight and time. This is all very helpful! I’m sorry if you addressed this issue in a prior response, but, I’m very interested to hear how texting and calling is integrated via Bluetooth.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

@Iwantatesla is there an option to order a 2nd set of wheels and tires maybe you can check with the remote service team about?

loucetios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Toyota Spyder, Honda CRV
Occupation
Investor
Clarification - I like to see the number of inches from the most outer point of the driver's side door to the most outer end of the passenger door. With both doors fully open.
Sponsored