DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I just posted this under the thread regarding Chilewich, but thought a separate thread might catch the eyes of an interested party sooner.

From there:

In hopes of being able to pick up my R1T at the factory, I've been in contact with the folks at Husky. Some time ago, they invited me to their facility in Kansas on my circuitous route back to Oregon (visiting friends in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and maybe Texas) to allow them to measure the truck for a full set of mats. They say it will only take an hour to do so. I didn't mention the gear tunnel, but I'd have them measure that as well.

There's always the possibility that a factory delivery may not happen. As others have, or will get their Rivian sooner, if anyone might want to step up, I'd be more than happy to put you in touch with gentleman who arranged this.

Husky is located in Winfield, Kansas, just East of I-35 and a little North of the Oklahoma border. They were thrilled to get a chance to measure one and advised it may take less than a month before they'd be ready for order, which addresses the question raised by @Gshenderson. Apparently, the chip shortage hasn't impacted the floormat industry. ?

As @skyote mentioned earlier, Husky tends to build in a pretty good lip into their products and their mats tend to handle abuse really well. Frankly, as nice as the Rivian rubber and Chilewich mats are, I'd rather have a different set to trash and muck up. It might sound strange to want to protect floormats, but, well, I want to protect the factory floormats.

I'm guessing someone will have a Rivian and may be in that vicinity sooner than I will. If so, and if someone wants to let Husky measure their R1T to get these mats on the market sooner, please message me.

Again, a custom mat for the tunnel would be worth mentioning. I figured it would be easier to mention it there than try to explain it over the phone."

Thanks!
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I don't know if Husky makes their stuff in the US, but Weathertech's factory is just outside of Chicago. I've never used Husky, so I can't comment on them but I've used Weathertech in a lot of cars and it is an absolute top notch product in my book.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
After looking at the Rivian All weathers, I'm down for husky/weathertech
Is there something about the Rivian all weather you didn't like?

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I don't know if Husky makes their stuff in the US, but Weathertech's factory is just outside of Chicago. I've never used Husky, so I can't comment on them but I've used Weathertech in a lot of cars and it is an absolute top notch product in my book.
I've been perfectly happy with the WeatherTechs I've had in my around town cars, and, like you, I have yet to own any Husky products. That said, several people here feel the Husky mats are a better fit for getting out in the mud and dirt. I'll try them based on the words of friends, here and elsewhere.

For what it's worth, Husky says all of their stuff is designed and manufactured in the U.S. I believe it's all manufactured at that site in Kansas.

Both companies make quality products, as found in the reviews around the Internet.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Seeing pictures of the Rivian All Weather mats in a vehicle I wasn’t impressed, pretty large gap on the side so shit collects underneath them I bet. I’ll probably buy them but an alternative from Husky or Weathertech would be great..

I had Husky Mats in my Honda Ridgeline and they were fine but they started to curl up at the edges so shit got underneath. Ive been pretty happy with Weathertech but not in my ProMaster, in that case the Ram one that is rubberized was much better since it extended between the front seats.

I think it’s all how they do the fit so vehicle to vehicle you might get different results with the different options.

Rivian R1T R1S Husky Floormats. Interested? 1635553109728

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

Unfortunately, you missed a chance to see some of the world's best fingerstyle and flatpickers at the annual Walnut Valley Festival in Winnfield in September. Then again, given the speed of the production ramp, you may be able to make the 2022 event! :).

(I've always been a fan of Weathertech. I will definitely pull the stock mats, box them up and replace with Weathertech)

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
As others note here, both our Weathertechs and Huskies are much better at holding snowmelt and mud off the carpet given a bit larger footprints and bigger lips or pans as compared to OEM winter mats from a multitude of auto manufacturers. The Husky model we have is a bit more rubber like while the Weathertechs are plastic, both are custom to the vehicles in service.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Is there something about the Rivian all weather you didn't like?

Coverage didn't seem as good as husky liner/digital fit from what I see.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'm interested.

Sponsored

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Seeing pictures of the Rivian All Weather mats in a vehicle I wasn’t impressed, pretty large gap on the side so shit collects underneath them I bet. I’ll probably buy them but an alternative from Husky or Weathertech would be great..

I had Husky Mats in my Honda Ridgeline and they were fine but they started to curl up at the edges so shit got underneath. Ive been pretty happy with Weathertech but not in my ProMaster, in that case the Ram one that is rubberized was much better since it extended between the front seats.

I think it’s all how they do the fit so vehicle to vehicle you might get different results with the different options.

1635553109728.jpeg
I've mostly had Weathertech, but went with Tuxmat in my Kia Niro EV...way better. Last time I checked with them (some months ago), they didn't have a pattern for the R1T, but told me that the 1st person to show up at there office with an R1T for measurement would get a set for free. I'm on the wrong coast for this....but if someone here can do it, I'll buy them when available.
From Tuxmat:
<<Thank you for your interest in TuxMat. We currently do not have custom floor mats available for the 2021 Rivian R1T. Each vehicle we provide mats for are scanned in our Toronto warehouse.

If you are near Toronto, we will be able to scan your vehicle in store and make custom mats for it, in return, you will get a set for free.

The scanning process requires you to visit our store located in Scarborough, and takes approximately 1-2 hours. The production time for the mats is 6-8 weeks after which we would require you to return to our store to have the mats test fitted into your vehicle.>>

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent

1635553109728.jpeg
Yea my weather tech curled up in my F150 I had to cut the edges and fold them under the molding to keep in place, lasted 5 years so far. Carpet still looks new underneath. Knock on wood…

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
I'd try Husky. I'll never buy another Weathertech product though. I bought their "All-Weather Floor Mats" (not the "floor liner" that seems to be more popular) for my Focus ST. I liked them at first, but they wore through in about a year (and I really don't drive that much. ~10k miles a year). The refused to honor warranty though. They said it was normal wear and tear. Ridiculous for how much they cost.

The floor liner line probably lasts longer, but they're super hard plastic, so I'm not really a fan.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Husky Weatherbeaters > all. I've had them in several vehicles. They hold full spilled cups of coffee...so I hear...
Sponsored