OutofSpecKyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Winnebago Revel
Hi all

We shot a video tutorial that explains to wash a R1T. Sure, it seems like a simple topic, but I hope you can learn about some good practices and products. In typical Out of Spec fashion it's a super long video but it's a full comprehensive guide for those who may be new to washing.

See you on the trail!
Kyle

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
fun video, watched the whole thing. My two comments;
For the love of peet Colton rinse the soap off it's drying already!
Kyle please don't drive out of there with one clean and three dirty wheels.
I put the Gtechniq crystal serum light and EXO V4 on my LG Rivian (same as was used on the Model S) and have been loving it, great product.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Let me know if you guys want to do another video on detailing a Rivian Blue R1T.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Are people really "new to washing" cars? 🤦‍♂️
Some people have only had cheap vehicles and don't care about them, the Rivian being a splurge they want to keep in good condition. And some people are new to cars in general, so, don't gatekeep car washing

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Are people really "new to washing" cars? 🤦‍♂️
I think the average person doesn't know how to wash a car properly. When I talk about pulling out my wash mitts, double bucket setup with grit guards and foam cannon most people don't know what those things are.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I think the average person doesn't know how to wash a car properly. When I talk about pulling out my wash mitts, double bucket setup with grit guards and foam cannon most people don't know what those things are.
But there are thousands of YouTube videos and tutorials about detailing and washing cars. I'm not sure that there is anything specific about a Rivian that makes it different than any other car is there?

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I'm not sure that there is anything specific about a Rivian that makes it different than any other car is there?
Well for one you can't use a leaf blower to dry off the truck.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
No not really but those videos need to be hosted somewhere and a car forum is as good a place as any.

Sponsored

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
Out of Spec has a business to run, and they want to make money. I'm sure it was a matter of Kyle getting a free wash for promoting this guys company. Who can blame him. He puts out good Rivian content, keep it coming.

I learned a few things, I'm not going to go out and spend $600 on car wash supplies like they suggest, but I do have Simple Green around the house and will use it on the wheel wells, why the heck not. I don't know if it does anything different than the normal car wash soap I spray on there with a pressure washer but I'm not an expert like the guy in the video.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Some people have only had cheap vehicles and don't care about them, the Rivian being a splurge they want to keep in good condition. And some people are new to cars in general, so, don't gatekeep car washing
Yeah, have never really washed any of my cars (nor had them washed) carefully. However, I’ve been washing my R1T about every two weeks. I expect that to drop to every few months as the novelty wears off. 😐

This video seems to reflect best practices that I’ve read and seen elsewhere.

EVerywhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Cayenne, Mk8 GTI, KTM 350-XCFW
Occupation
Technology
Clubs

Well for one you can't use a leaf blower to dry off the truck.
I beg to differ: my cars are ceramic coated, washed with filtered water, foam cannon and dried with an electric leaf blower. Works really well and gets water out from wheel nuts, front air intake, light lenses, etc

Last edited:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I beg to differ: my cars are ceramic coated, washed with filtered water, foam cannon and dried with an electric leaf blower. Works really well and gets water out from wheel nuts, front air intake, light lenses, etc
I use my Milwaukee leaf blower to dry my vehicles as well still haven't heard a good enough reason not to.
Sponsored