First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
I'm sorry if someone else already figured this out and posted somewhere else (if so, I'll delete), but today, I was going in to my Rivian account to change my email address, and I received this message:

Rivian R1T R1S How to tell if you've been assigned a Guide before Rivian tells you... Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 11.12.58 AM

When I clicked the "support team" link, a popup appeared with a new tab that says "Rivian Guide", whereas before it just had the Customer Service option:

Rivian R1T R1S How to tell if you've been assigned a Guide before Rivian tells you... Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 11.13.50 AM

I fired up a chat with a CS agent as I didn't want to reach out to this "Guide" (whose name, email, and phone number I now have) before they have the opportunity to reach out to me first. The CS agent confirmed my guide has been assigned and my vehicle is getting close to production. I've not received any kind of email from Rivian yet to indicate that I've even been assigned a guide.

I just wanted to provide this bit of information if anyone still hasn't received a guide and wants to know if they are close.

**EDIT: You can get to this same window by simply tapping the ? (question mark) toward the bottom left of the screen when you log in to your Rivian account:

Rivian R1T R1S How to tell if you've been assigned a Guide before Rivian tells you... Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 12.18.07 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SunDevil2213

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
SUPER helpful, thank you for sharing!
You're welcome! Hopefully several people are as pleasantly surprised as I was to see this. Was literally shaking as I was chatting with the CS rep.

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
So if I’m reading your signature correctly, Spring ‘21 reservation. Original delivery window of first half ‘23?

If this is correct this is another example of R1T configuration being a big factor in how early or late you get your vehicle. It sounds like you’ll get it 6-9mo early.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Great, as if I needed ANOTHER reason to log into my Rivian.com account every 4 hours.

Edit: I have the first part that you show, I cannot edit my info, but when I click on Support, I don't show anything about a guide yet. I'm a Jul-Sep '22 estimated delivery, fwiw (ordered 2/21)

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
FYI: as far as I can tell, all accounts have had the personal information locked out, probably to prevent account transfers (which they used to recommend via customer support).

It's only the guide information (visible under the ❔ link) that tells you if you have a guide assigned yet.

OP
OP
SunDevil2213

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
So if I’m reading your signature correctly, Spring ‘21 reservation. Original delivery window of first half ‘23?

If this is correct this is another example of R1T configuration being a big factor in how early or late you get your vehicle. It sounds like you’ll get it 6-9mo early.
Correct - I originally had the Max Pack configured when I got the December email with the 1H23 delivery window. I changed my configuration a couple days later to what it is now.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm sorry if someone else already figured this out and posted somewhere else (if so, I'll delete), but today, I was going in to my Rivian account to change my email address, and I received this message:

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 11.12.58 AM.png

When I clicked the "support team" link, a popup appeared with a new tab that says "Rivian Guide", whereas before it just had the Customer Service option:

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 11.13.50 AM.png

I fired up a chat with a CS agent as I didn't want to reach out to this "Guide" (whose name, email, and phone number I now have) before they have the opportunity to reach out to me first. The CS agent confirmed my guide has been assigned and my vehicle is getting close to production. I've not received any kind of email from Rivian yet to indicate that I've even been assigned a guide.

I just wanted to provide this bit of information if anyone still hasn't received a guide and wants to know if they are close.
I reached out to my guide before they reached out to me. They didn't seem to care.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
FYI: as far as I can tell, all accounts have had the personal information locked out, probably to prevent account transfers (which they used to recommend via customer support).

It's only the guide information (visible under the ❔ link) that tells you if you have a guide assigned yet.
I mean, I can't blame them for trying. Since the price roll back happened, a reservation transfers have been worth the difference in price....

OP
OP
SunDevil2213

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation

Right you are - this same popup appears by just clicking the ? icon instead of going through to change email/name. Thanks for pointing that out.
The point I'm making here is - I have yet to receive any communication from Rivian about a guide, or even an updated window (last I received was in Dec 21 for a 1H23 delivery). However, through this sort of "workaround," I was able to see that I do, in fact, have an assigned guide - they just haven't reached out to me yet. I have their first name and last initial, an 888 phone number, and their email - guide[firstname][lastinitial]@rivian.com.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Also known as how to get your daily dose of disappointment :)

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
The point I'm making here is - I have yet to receive any communication from Rivian about a guide, or even an updated window (last I received was in Dec 21 for a 1H23 delivery). However, through this sort of "workaround," I was able to see that I do, in fact, have an assigned guide
Oh yeah, that seems to be the trend for those of us who check our account obsessively. Until I was assigned yesterday, I was checking my account (specifically that button) about 6-7 times a day (I wish I was joking).

I was a bit awestruck when it showed my guide midday yesterday. And it hadn't just an hour or two before. I reached out by email immediately, but got an autoreply that my guide was out-of-office until Friday.

But then I got the automated "welcome" email later the same day, and was able to schedule a call with them (for Monday).

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Oh yeah, that seems to be the trend for those of us who check our account obsessively. Until I was assigned yesterday, I was checking my account (specifically that button) about 6-7 times a day (I wish I was joking).

I was a bit awestruck when it showed my guide midday yesterday. And it hadn't just an hour or two before. I reached out by email immediately, but got an autoreply that my guide was out-of-office until Friday.

But then I got the automated "welcome" email later the same day, and was able to schedule a call with them (for Monday).
Hmm, I've only been checking my account 2-3 times a day, maybe if I increase it to 6-7 I'll get a guide too!
Sponsored