Sponsored

How to remove the rear wheel liner and trim?

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I have a small door ding just behind the rear passenger side wheel. My dent repair guy said he can fix it if he can access it from behind, which means removing the rear wheel liner. I can't find anything online about doing that so thought I'd ask here. Has anyone removed the rear wheel liner/trim or seen videos or instructions on how to do it? Once that's removed, does it provide access to the back of the rear quarter panel?

Many thanks for any information you can provide.
Sponsored

Steve-hsv

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Cherokee, Chevrolet Corvette.
I would try to remove the inner bed piece first. Easy to remove by removing the cab side 8 screws. Then remove the side piece... Gives lots of access options.. and can be done in 20 mins with some hand tools. Just a thought.

OP
OP

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I would try to remove the inner bed piece first. Easy to remove by removing the cab side 8 screws. Then remove the side piece... Gives lots of access options.. and can be done in 20 mins with some hand tools. Just a thought.
Do you need to remove the panel up against the cab wall before you can remove the side panel?

Steve-hsv

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Cherokee, Chevrolet Corvette.
Do you need to remove the panel up against the cab wall before you can remove the side panel?
Yes. That cabin panel must come off first. It sort of interlocks the side panels in.

There is a thread somewhere in this forum on how to do it...

goldenCO7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2019 Ascent
OP
OP

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Just to update. I did remove the rear wheel well and trim. It was pretty straightforward and easy. No sensors to deal with. It allows access behind the wheel and there is a sheet metal bulkhead that the PDR person will need to drill a small hole in to access the far rear end of the truck. This is pretty standard stuff according to my guy. Once I had the wheel well removed, it took him to 20 minutes to have the truck looking like new. Took me another 20 minutes to reassemble the wheel well and trim. Not a difficult job at all.
Sponsored