Sponsored

How to prepare my R1S to sit while I am on vacation...

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Thinking about this a little more … now that we have adjustability in charge %, I’d think of setting mine at 50% and leaving it plugged in while gone for an extended period of time. Heading out of town again in a couple weeks. I’ll give it a shot if I get a charger spot @ SFO Long Term.
Sponsored

Newski32

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
physician
Um....you lost me at accelerate moderately.
:cool:
HAH! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been raching up points since I recieved my R1T. You know who doesn't care that, "I was only speeding for about 10 seconds after acceletaing from the stop light because my kids dared me to?" Colorado State troopers!

kbrumbau

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
We just returned from 6 weeks abroad. Our first extended absence since we took delivery back in November 2023. Like others on this thread I was a bit anxious about potential battery drain while away. Before leaving I charged our R1S to 100%. It’s parked in our driveway and I didn’t want to leave it plugged in the entire time and risk having the gardener or mail person trip over the cord. I monitored it occasionally while away and the battery gradually drained (as expected). My plan was to have our Housesitter plug it in if it got below 50%. Turns out that wasn’t necessary. In the entire 6 weeks the charge level went from 100% to 66% at the end. In reality I didn’t even need to start at 100%. I could have started at my normal 70% and still have been just fine.

CaptRat

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac CTS
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

In our 11 months of R1T ownership, we left the truck four times on trips greater than six weeks. My vampire drain is about 1% / day. We leave it locked in the garage with an initial charge of 85% and set to daily charge to 70%.

I used to turn everything off that can be turned off. Now I only turn off the A/C and turn on Gear Guard at home. The first time it recharges has always been on day 15 (reported by my charger) regardless of what was left on or off.

Outdoors with more activity around the truck would be different, I'm sure. But this has been my experience with it plugged in and parked in the garage. I don't even think about it on trips any more. It's a non-event. It's the same as plugging in the battery tender on my Corvette….plug it in and forget about.

Hawkjody

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Keep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Physician
ISSUE RESOLVED AND PROBLEM IDENTIFIED : MY HOUSE SITTERS USED THE VEHICLE DURING MY ABSENCE CAUSING THE ENERGY DRAIN -

I have the same question. Just left for 7 days unplugged and SOC dropped from 75 to 25 %. App on phone closed entire time. Please advise? What are the best settings to leave the car

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

I just leave the vehicle plugged in and the charge limit set to 70%—my daily routine. I also do this in SFO remote parking if I can find a charger open. On the off chance I won’t find a charger at SFO, I charge up to 80% before I leave, turn off gear guard, make sure nothing is on the seats or a seatbelt fastened, climate control off. I arrive in the 60s% state of charge. Or I charge to 72% before parking it at SFO (I use 2% driving to the lot from the charger)

@Hawkjody, how in the world did your vehicle go from 75% to 25% sitting for a week?

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T FG/FE 20" AT Dark
Make sure nothing is plugged into any seatbelts, and nothing sitting on the seats. Might also turn off gear guard if you leave it in a garage.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I have the same question. Just left for 7 days unplugged and SOC dropped from 75 to 25 %. App on phone closed entire time. Please advise? What are the best settings to leave the car
Sounds like your truck was still on. Should have only been 7-10% loss. Did you have the front seat belt plugged in? Door open?

Hawkjody

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Keep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Physician
Problem identified and mystry solved - my house sitters borrowed and used the car during my absence - !!
Sponsored