There are several ways to get pre IPO shares as a non Rivian associated person:Yes that's the way I interpret it, I'm just getting into stocks so not sure if they can have another round of pre-ipo or not, if not it seems I'm out of luck
- You were offered the chance to get in as an angle or at Series A, B, C, etc funding.
- The ship has sailed on this one
- You pick up share through a secondary pre-IPO market. These are some times used by employees with equity in a pre IPO company to cash in when they leave the company.
- I doubt any one will be willing to offer up shares with the IPO around the corner.
- Buy it indirectly through inventing in firms that are known to have Rivian as an investment (Amazon, Ford, T Rowe Price, etc)
As others have stated, if you want to pick up shares at this point it would have to be on the open market or if you can get in on the shares they are reserving for pre order holders. I suspect the price for the pre order holders will be the issue priced (which may be higher or lower than the current market price when you execute the transaction).