Sponsored

How on earth… R1S rear camera has a sprayer???

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
As news of this spreads, I wonder how many thousands of R1T owners will be rushing out to their truck to check …
Sponsored

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Interesting checked mine today and it is there. Never noticed it, which is a good thing. My A7 had sprayers for the cameras and sensors for cruise/etc/etc..... Thing went through washer fluid like the Titanic.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I just saw that too. My truck is obsolete apparently. Glad the R1S has the sprayer, and hopefully that's been added to recent R1T builds.
Not sure if it has been mentioned at all, but the R1S has two buttons on the end of the stalk whereas the R1T only has one. That said, I AM very curious on if the requisite hardware was transplanted onto the R1T if it would *just work*.

NoGoingBack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, R1T
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

While I would love to have a sprayer on the rear camera on my R1T, a front sprayer is needed way more. Having my cruise control disengage because a bug hit the camera is really really frustrating. I’d happily pay for that upgrade! But really they could give us the option of a non adaptive cruise control like we have in tow mode for situations like this with a software update. Sun-glare, rain drops, bugs, so many things shut of the adaptive cruise. I really hope they come up with something for us. Ok rant over.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
While I would love to have a sprayer on the rear camera on my R1T, a front sprayer is needed way more. Having my cruise control disengage because a bug hit the camera is really really frustrating. I’d happily pay for that upgrade! But really they could give us the option of a non adaptive cruise control like we have in tow mode for situations like this with a software update. Sun-glare, rain drops, bugs, so many things shut of the adaptive cruise. I really hope they come up with something for us. Ok rant over.
Uhh you do, the windshield wipers. ADAS largely depends on the forward facing cameras near the rear view mirror cluster, not from your front fender.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S How on earth… R1S rear camera has a sprayer??? Screenshot_20230403-192819

??? My wipers definitely go over the camera in the windshield. Do you have some that are too short or something?

NoGoingBack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, R1T
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

They must use a combination of both the top camera and the one in the grill for adaptive cruise. I’ve had to clean bugs off the lower one to get my adaptive cruise working again after being splat.

SRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
My 2017 Bolt camera washer was activated with the rear window wipers.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Screenshot_20230403-192819.png

??? My wipers definitely go over the camera in the windshield. Do you have some that are too short or something?
This has been a source of confusion for me. ACC definitely has trouble in wet weather (even just wet roads), and doesn't seem improved by using the wipers. A friend of mine was messing around and as with @AdamsFan1983 is pretty confident it's using the cameras on the mirrors.

kpradeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

On my R1S, I had to put the car in drive (D) to get the spray working! There are two buttons at the end of the stalk, top button sprays front windshield while the bottom button sprays water to back windshield and back camera….jfyi.
Sponsored