Sponsored

How much would you invest in a Rivian IPO (if given the opportunity)?

• $0

Votes: 13 4.8%
  • Up to $1K

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Up to $5K

Votes: 59 21.6%
  • Up to $10K

Votes: 84 30.8%
  • Up to $25K

Votes: 42 15.4%
  • Up to $50K

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • $50K+

Votes: 38 13.9%

• Total voters

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'm right there with you.
I sold some of my CCIV last week, so now I'm still riding a majority of my stake playing with house money.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Buy on rumor.... Sell on News.... I am still waiting for the news... but it is on a fun little run.

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

I good reminder...

Tesla Inc. (TSLA) made its stock market debut in 2010, with an initial public offering (IPO) priced at $17/sh.1 If you had invested $1,000 in the IPO, you would have purchased 58 shares of the electric car maker. The company has not announced any stock splits or dividends. Keeping that in mind, with the current share price (as of July 31, 2020) of $1,430.76, those 58 shares would now be worth $82,984,08 That means a 8,198% increase in value.

https://www.investopedia.com/articl...ould-have-invested-right-after-teslas-ipo.asp
Could have, should have. Luckily I got in last year Jan, and made out like a bandit.

Sponsored

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

I also believe Rivian would be a great long term investment. Just remember, Amazon, Ford and Goldman Sacks I believe invested heavily into Rivian and they will certainly get millions of shares. The little guy like us, will get a drop in the bucket compared to all these guys. Employees that were given stock options will get millions, billionaire Scaringe will also have millions, so depending on what the IPO is going to be, will determine how many shares I can afford. Certainly not millions, or even thousands, maybe not even a few hundred.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I sold some of my CCIV last week, so now I'm still riding a majority of my stake playing with house money.
Yeah, I had February calls that paid for half my initial investment, and sold some covered calls on my main stake when it shot up to pay for the other half, so now I can ride it out long term. I'm genuinely interested in owning Lucid.

Looks like the announcement is out, and some people are dumping after hours, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. Either way, 60+ was never a reasonable valuation so I'd be content to see it settle out and resume a more sustainable trajectory.

Last edited:

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
CCIV - Must be a fan of Tom Petty... ? Now I'm free, free fallin' ?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CCIV - Must be a fan of Tom Petty... ? Now I'm free, free fallin' ?
Coming back up now & I expect that to continue over the long term. I was in early enough that I'm in great shape regardless, but I plan to hold long term. Lucid has some really impressive tech & I think they will do extremely well in the high end luxury market.

I actually added to my position during the dip this morning!

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Yeah, there are a lot of articles coming out now calling it a buy in the 30s. I'm comfortable with my position if it sits in the 30s for a while, and I was able to buy back my covered calls for about a 90% return this morning. I do have some March calls that may not turn into anything, but that's the game.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, there are a lot of articles coming out now calling it a buy in the 30s. I'm comfortable with my position if it sits in the 30s for a while, and I was able to buy back my covered calls for about a 90% return this morning. I do have some March calls that may not turn into anything, but that's the game.
I'm much more of a long term investor, but have come to realize that I need to educate myself on options trading. Any good resources you would recommend?

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
yep - I got in at around 16 so had a lot of cushion.... not sure how long I'll hold it but it's in good shape for now...

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I'm much more of a long term investor, but have come to realize that I need to educate myself on options trading. Any good resources you would recommend?
To be honest, I learned a bit from books as well as a friend who traded options years ago. These days, I would look to Youtube, so I'm not sure if I have anything relevant. I know there are a few Youtube channels that focus on options trading - "In the money" comes to mind.

If it's something you're going to look into, I will say this. I wish someone had taught me more about selling options a long time ago. I still buy them to take advantage of various events, like this thing with CCIV, but I wish I had started selling and collecting premiums a decade ago.

OP
OP

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I almost bailed at 60, figuring I could likely buy back later. In hindsight, that would have been a good move. But since I'm in for the long term, not worried.
Sponsored