Sponsored

How much would you invest in a Rivian IPO (if given the opportunity)?

• $0

Votes: 13 4.8%
  • Up to $1K

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Up to $5K

Votes: 59 21.6%
  • Up to $10K

Votes: 84 30.8%
  • Up to $25K

Votes: 42 15.4%
  • Up to $50K

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • $50K+

Votes: 38 13.9%

• Total voters

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
My Tesla stock will purchase my Rivian. :giggle:
I'm down six Rivians in the last month. September is always cruel. Unless October-November bounces back a bit, I'm backing off the market for a whiel.
Sponsored

windrider

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 honda civic
TSLA had a 5 for 1 split, and is trading a little above $800 today
Cost basis of $3.40 ($17/5) to a (as of this moment) $802 share price is a 23,588% gain.

In your example, those original 58 shares ($986) would now be 258 shares worth $232,580

I think it's important to focus on valuation rather than stock price when hoping to make any comparison of Rivian to Tesla regarding their IPOs. Tesla was valued at $1.7b based upon their IPO pricing (per a quick search). Compare that to Rivian's $80b valuation and already Rivian is starting with a 47x higher valuation compared to Tesla at IPO. Now use that to adjust your return expectations (forgetting that Rivian will have much more competition than Tesla did early on) and instead of 25,588% you end up with around 544%. Still not a shabby return for around 10 years in market, but I wouldn't expect even close to the same returns on shares as Tesla just given its much higher starting valuation.

Not saying it will be a bad investment in the long run, and I'm super excited for everything they're doing, but want to make sure anyone reading is focusing on reality rather than dream comparisons......

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Well, I'm in for $10K. I'd like to get in on the DSP but I'm guessing I got my pre-order in way too late. But that's OK. I think they've got a solid product and the Amazon investment makes me think there is a lot of upside on this company over the next decade.

zor

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Software
Clubs

Well, I'm in for $10K. I'd like to get in on the DSP but I'm guessing I got my pre-order in way too late. But that's OK. I think they've got a solid product and the Amazon investment makes me think there is a lot of upside on this company over the next decade.
10k is the max, no? At least it was for me...

Sponsored

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
10k is the max, no? At least it was for me...
For the program. It's actually a decent allocation. You can jump in the next day and buy as many shares as you want - for a price.

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
Invest in the Rivian IPO?

E38A2DEC-16C9-4733-8BD4-2FB7ECBEFCFA.gif
Based on Lucidā€™s price this morning the Market cap($73b) is 10% higher than RIVIAN at the proposed opening price. They have 14,000 reservations. Doesnā€™t make sense.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Based on Lucidā€™s price this morning the Market cap($73b) is 10% higher than RIVIAN at the proposed opening price. They have 14,000 reservations. Doesnā€™t make sense.
Lucid has over 1 billion shares outstanding as well. Rivian shares are very few and highly sought after it appears. This could get ridiculous and I don't want to miss it. If it tanks, such is life. I'm in for the long ride.
Sponsored