Sponsored

How much space the Camp Kitchen takes up inside the gear tunnel?

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Does anyone know just how much space the Camp Kitchen takes up inside the gear tunnel? It's very difficult to tell from the picture. I really love the idea of having a rolling kitchen but I also was looking forward to using that gear tunnel as a permanent home for some of my tools.

Also, does anyone know if the gear tunnel or interior will have 120V outlets to charge tool batteries and such? I understand the bed has chargers but I would like to be able to charge them without being in the weather or sliding around the bed.
Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know just how much space the Camp Kitchen takes up inside the gear tunnel? It's very difficult to tell from the picture. I really love the idea of having a rolling kitchen but I also was looking forward to using that gear tunnel as a permanent home for some of my tools.

Also, does anyone know if the gear tunnel or interior will have 120V outlets to charge tool batteries and such? I understand the bed has chargers but I would like to be able to charge them without being in the weather or sliding around the bed.
The gear tunnel does have a 120V outlet. And there is one in the driver console as well. Two in the truck bed.

The camp kitchen is removable, so you could keep tools in the gear tunnel most of the time, and potentially move them to the frunk when using the kitchen. It appears to me that the final design of the kitchen is shorter than the original prototype, so maybe there is more room in the tunnel.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Here is a picture of the protoyype:

Rivian R1T R1S How much space the Camp Kitchen takes up inside the gear tunnel? 1605573533549

And here is the one on the web site:

Rivian R1T R1S How much space the Camp Kitchen takes up inside the gear tunnel? 1605573604595
Sponsored