Sponsored

How many times have you changed color combos?

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
I thought I’d start a thread for those of who can’t make up our minds. I’ve changed my exterior and interior options 5 times now and thinking about a 6th ?.

1. LA silver - Black Mountain
2. el Cap - Ocean Coast
3. Rivian Blue - Ocean Coast
4. Compass Yellow - Ocean Coast
5. Midnight - Ocean Coast (Current config)
6. Might change to: Glacier White - Black Mountain

Lots of colors that I like only a few I don’t. Tell us yours.

Note: There is already enough posts complaining about not being able to see in person. Yes, it might be easier to decide if could see in person but I’d rather leave those complaints for the 27 other threads out there now.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Currently white exterior with black interior. Will definitely stick with black interior, but Limestone has really been on my mind lately, and would consider Red Canyon as well.

Not complaining, but I definitely won't be able to finalize until I can at least see good pictures of the exterior colors.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Price is a factor for me so I've always gravitated towards the Explore trim. White exterior and Black interior.

White looks really good with the yellow badging and yellow calipers and I think Black interior looks best with the black carbon fiber looking dash in the Explore

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Ha! I thought it was only me.

R1S LE with 20”. Have white/ocean/standard 20” wheels now. I’ve changed exterior a couple of times between white/limestone/el cap/midnight and looked at all the 20” wheel options. I’ll let all you R1T LE guys get the paint out in the sun and share photos, then lock it in when I get my Guide email this fall…

OP
OP

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
Price is a factor for me so I've always gravitated towards the Explore trim. White exterior and Black interior.
Paying extra for paint doesn’t always seem worth it to me as well. I’ve gone back and forth on justifying it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
I don’t know if I could do light on light (e.g. white with ocean or silver with ocean) But I like dark on dark (e.g. black with black or el Cap with black) configs.

Also, I kind of like how the light bar blends in on the Glacier White but also like the contrast with the light bar on the Midnight. Maybe I should see if able to give multiple color combos and say “surprise me” ?

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Right now I'm at Forest green / ocean, but I've changed too many times to count. I really think the green interior with yellow LE accents will look better than either black or ocean with the same, so I think I'm going to go green. Then I have to factor what will look good with green interior... I think LG might, but who knows. Otherwise I think white or limestone. That LA silver truck they keep showing looks sharp though, and that's another free option.

I already have two white minivans, not sure I want another white R1S. Or R1T for that matter...

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I went from white -> Limestone -> Launch Green and then just gave up. The Configurator is just so horribly off the actual colors we’ve seen in the wild that it’s an exercise in futility to make a decision based on the Configurator. Hopefully we’ll get to see more real world pics or actual trucks soon! But I’m just a whiner…

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

How many color changes.... in my Configurator: none (Launch Green / Forest interior)

In my head and unsaved configurations.... every possible combo x 10

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Paying extra for paint doesn’t always seem worth it to me as well. I’ve gone back and forth on justifying it.
This is exactly where I'm at. I think my favorite color of the lot is Forest Green, but I've been flitting back and forth with Launch Green and White on the configurator and both look good to me. Ocean Coast for the interior has been a constant though because that grey strikes a strange balance between luxury and utility that appeals to me.

Sponsored

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
?
If Rivian is monitoring the configurator in order to preorder parts/paint prior to starting production, we may have to wait a long time before we get our rivian...

Ok team lets start production!... do 12 Launch green... no no wait, 25.... no no 6....

JDMD

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Physician
No Rivian blue lovers out there? I have blue with the black interior now, though I like Limestone quite a bit too. I have three kids who will turn the ocean interior dark really quickly, despite my best efforts. So regardless of the paint color, I'm going with the black interior.

OP
OP

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
I went from white -> Limestone -> Launch Green and then just gave up. The Configurator is just so horribly off the actual colors we’ve seen in the wild that it’s an exercise in futility to make a decision based on the Configurator. Hopefully we’ll get to see more real world pics or actual trucks soon! But I’m just a whiner…
The configurator is indeed pretty bad with colors. At least some we’ve seen videos of and it’s hard to go wrong with white, black, sliver etc. It’s the yellow, blue, red, limestone that are so hard to judge right now. I was liking the yellow for awhile but then heard someone call it Chic-fil-a sauce and could not get that out of my head after. Seems silly but it did sour it for me.

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

Three times now. I started out El Cap/Black. Then my daughter wanted one and she wanted the El Cap/black so I changed to Forest Green/Green. Then I went to LA Silver/Ocean

Moonjock

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Occupation
Lab Tech
None, I'm waiting to see real colors before I change my mind.
Sponsored