How many Rivians near where you live?

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I live in a pretty small town of about 20k people spread over a fairly large geography. That said, in our little town there are at least 6 R1Ts that I know of. Haven’t seen any R1S in person (aside from the service center) locally just yet. Another parent at my kid’s school has one, a neighbor across the main road, a Rivian employee, and a few more (including a new Blue I’ve seen a woman driving twice in the last 3 days).

Do I live in some weird bubble (yes, I do)? Are others seeing high concentrations of R1s? High concentration of tech money, outdoor focus (Mtb, surfing, hiking, etc), low population density, etc so it‘s a pretty unique area for sure.
Sponsored

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Seattle (and most of western Washington) has the perfect combination of having a high income, tech-oriented, outdoorsy, and environmentally-conscious populace. Being near Amazon, Rivian's largest backer, helped with their exposure here pretty early on as well. In the Seattle area alone, I'd guess we're knocking on the door of 1k R1Ts + R1Ss?

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
In Chicago I see many when I drive by the Rivian lot on Damen. But in the wild I have only seen two. Have not seen a R1S yet.

I see a shocking number of high end Wranglers, so the buyers of seldom needed off road vehicles is large here.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Like OP I live in a small town of about 20k, but hours from the nearest SC. There are at least 5 R1T in our town, and I have seen 2 more, just not confirmed they are from here.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

In South Orange County in CA, I see R1T all the time. Go to a store, there is one parked, anytime I get on the freeway, there are few, and when we are walking there's usually one or two driving by. You get the point.

As for R1S, I have seen black, red, white and dark gray on the road near where I live. So its just starting but I expect them to be a common very soon.

I have no idea how many total. That said, there are far more people than on this forum taken deliveries driving around in R1's in SoCal.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I live in a pretty small town of about 20k people spread over a fairly large geography. That said, in our little town there are at least 6 R1Ts that I know of. Haven’t seen any R1S in person (aside from the service center) locally just yet. Another parent at my kid’s school has one, a neighbor across the main road, a Rivian employee, and a few more (including a new Blue I’ve seen a woman driving twice in the last 3 days).

Do I live in some weird bubble (yes, I do)? Are others seeing high concentrations of R1s? High concentration of tech money, outdoor focus (Mtb, surfing, hiking, etc), low population density, etc so it‘s a pretty unique area for sure.
If the HMB in your username means Half Moon Bay, you aren’t exactly in a remote small city..what, 20 minutes from greater San Francisco, a little jaunt over the hill on 92

i have not seen a rivian in person outside of the first mile event at Sears point.

Not even driving to or from here to there. Not in Monterey, not in San Francisco, nor on the highway.

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Have yet to see another R1T on my commute but I regularly see the same couple Hummer EVs and occasionally an SUV.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Seattle (and most of western Washington) has the perfect combination of having a high income, tech-oriented, outdoorsy, and environmentally-conscious populace.
I think this describes the Denver metro as well; I saw 3 Rivians besides my own in a ten minute drive in Golden last week. When I took delivery in July, the delivery guy didn't think they'd hit a thousand deliveries in CO yet but definitely in the hundreds.

VenturaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Flight Nurse
Down in Ventura (110k people) I would guess we have at least 10-20. I see one most days, not including mine.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Have yet to see another R1T on my commute but I regularly see the same couple Hummer EVs and occasionally an SUV.
Hah! That's living in Michigan. When we moved out of the area, it was a bit of shock to stop seeing new and even unreleased vehicles every day.

As for seeing Rivians: Louisville, Kentucky, is 300 miles from our nearest service center (the factory), and besides ours, we've seen at least 6-7 in the area by color. We've parked next to 2 of them at different times, and we know of one that lives nearish. The others we've seen driving, so they might have just been passing through.

Sponsored

dementor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Software Engineer
I see one roughly once a day in Salt Lake. Sometimes more often. At least several different cars as there are several colors!

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
In South Orange County in CA, I see R1T all the time. Go to a store, there is one parked, anytime I get on the freeway, there are few, and when we are walking there's usually one or two driving by. You get the point.

As for R1S, I have seen black, red, white and dark gray on the road near where I live. So its just starting but I expect them to be a common very soon.

I have no idea how many total. That said, there are far more people than on this forum taken deliveries driving around in R1's in SoCal.
I'm in South OC too (SoCal) and I see maybe one-two on the road a week, not many unless im driving in Irvine near where RIvian has one of its corporate buildings. Actually surprised I dont see more.

Fencer

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
govt
None in my territory. An occasional Tesla shows up at a local B&B during busy tourist season that's all.

dementor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Software Engineer
None in my territory. An occasional Tesla shows up at a local B&B during busy tourist season that's all.
I wanted to drive my Tesla to Flaming Gorge but it's not a great area to get to in an EV.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Of course you do--San Francisco!
Sponsored