Sponsored

How many people have pre-ordered RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders from Team 1EV?

Pre-order RMaxx Running Boards or Sliders?

• Total voters

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Do you have any reservations about pre-ordering these from Team 1EV sight unseen?
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I'm still waiting on published weights between the DCE and the 1EV products before I make my final decision on rock sliders.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
What's another $800? I spent 100x that much on a truck sight-unseen so why not? :)

OP
OP
windblowlc

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What's another $800? I spent 100x that much on a truck sight-unseen so why not? :)
Sight unseen is not the same as real life reviews. I spent that much and more on the truck without even a single test drive, but the difference is that the truck is real with lots of stellar reviews.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Sight unseen is not the same as real life reviews. I spent that much and more on the truck without even a single test drive, but the difference is that the truck is real with lots of stellar reviews.
Sure, of course. I added a smile to that comment I made because I was saying semi-crazy stuff.

I any case, I ordered a set because I really need them. I'll post a review after I get them mounted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
windblowlc

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Sure, of course. I added a smile to that comment I made because I was saying semi-crazy stuff.

I any case, I ordered a set because I really need them. I'll post a review after I get them mounted.
Understand. I should have added another option on the poll - "Undecided on Running Boards or Sliders".

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Waiting on the official @DCE group buy deal!

Not sure where that information originated from. Something may have been taken out of context. We will have a group buy and there will be a minimum. We are evaluating capacity and timing for an estimated orders and will have an official deal to offer soon.

OP
OP
windblowlc

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Waiting on the official @DCE group buy deal!
That was a month ago. Crickets since then. I just don't think DCE is serious about this group buy at the moment.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

They are refundable, so why not. If you know you want running boards and like the look in photos, then there's not much else to see. They've already released several details on them. But, key thing is, if you get them and don't like them, you can return them.

Just like I send out $100 for deposits on just about every EV that comes available, simply so I have the choice of whether to purchase or not when the vehicle actually comes available, these I treat the same way. I know I want them, need them actually, so not going to hesitate. They look nice enough in the photos. They will almost certainly serve their purpose. They're from a known and respected manufacturer and I can always return them if for some odd reason I don't like them. Chances of that are property 1 in 10,000.

Much rather have them sooner than wait for everyone else to get theirs and write reviews to tell me that they installed a running board that functions as a.........."running board", then have to get in line to wait longer to get mine and at a higher price as they've already stated the prices will go up once they are released for sale, rather than pre-orders. Nothing to lose, only something to gain for a non-complex item that is what it is. If I'm willing to purchase cars sight unseen, not going to worry about $800 running boards.

Last edited:

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My only concern about the running boards is wind noise. Other than that they look pretty solid. Running boards will make it easier for my wife and daughter to get in the truck.
Sponsored