Sponsored

How many 2018 preorder holders are still waiting?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Just curios How many other 2018 res holders are still sitting back waiting for their Launch Editions. Hearing that there have now been Adventure Package deliveries and people that ordered two years after me has had me frustrated to say the least.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

In your signature you have Ocean Coast as part of your configuration. That may be holding it up, since I don't think we have seen any interiors other than Black Mountain delivered. Also could be location.

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

In your signature you have Ocean Coast as part of your configuration. That may be holding it up, since I don't think we have seen any interiors other than Black Mountain delivered. Also could be location.
Yes I do and I'm sticking with it but if its a "batching" issue then why are Adventure packages being built?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Yes I do and I'm sticking with it but if its a "batching" issue then why are Adventure packages being built?
Because some people placed early orders for Max Packs and switched to get delivery earlier, and they couldn't switch to LE. Also, Rivian probably didn't want to stop manufacturing, if they didn't have OC on hand. Someone also said this may allow Rivian to officially say they have started delivery of Adventure packages.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Early Max Pack -> Adventure orders doesn't explain it. The individuals I've seen get adventure deliveries did not have max pack selected and switch.

Batching doesn't explain it either.

I'm still going with - they overproduced BM interiors after massive cancellations on 3/1 and are trying to ship whatever they can. Maybe they just re-badged a few LEs to adventure. It still doesn't make sense tho - there are STILL LE BM holders who haven't gotten their trucks. There are still LE OC holders who didn't get the option to switch to BM. NO FE holders got contacted asking if they wanted to switch.

The whole process makes no sense and is frustrating as hell for many of us. I don't care if I don't get my R1T tomorrow, but I'd surely like both an explanation of WTF is going on and why I'm still waiting while getting passed over for Adventure deliveries that ordered 9+ months after my already not-very-early order, and whether there is some delay on FE interiors that I need to be accounting for as I have to make a 2nd "what do I do with this car" decision in the span of time I've been waiting for my R1T.

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Just curios How many other 2018 res holders are still sitting back waiting for their Launch Editions. Hearing that there have now been Adventure Package deliveries and people that ordered two years after me has had me frustrated to say the least.
My window is Q4 2022. Deposit Dec. 2018…then pre-ordered Max R1T, then switched to Adventure as not allowed to go back to LE. Hindsight, should have gone with LE.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Early Max Pack -> Adventure orders doesn't explain it. The individuals I've seen get adventure deliveries did not have max pack selected and switch.

I'm still going with - they overproduced BM interiors after massive cancellations on 3/1 and are trying to ship whatever they can. Maybe they just re-badged a few LEs to adventure. It still doesn't make sense tho - there are STILL LE BM holders who haven't gotten their trucks. There are still LE OC holders who didn't get the option to switch to BM. NO FE holders got contacted asking if they wanted to switch.

The whole process makes no sense and is frustrating as hell for many of us. I don't care if I don't get my R1T tomorrow, but I'd surely like both an explanation of WTF is going on and why I'm still waiting while getting passed over for Adventure deliveries that ordered 9+ months after my already not-very-early order, and whether there is some delay on FE interiors that I need to be accounting for as I have to make a 2nd "what do I do with this car" decision in the span of time I've been waiting for my R1T.
VINs are the Adventure vin, they aren't going to re-VIN a vehicle.

The best 🤷‍♂️ logical explanation is for some reason they wanted to declare that they started shipping adventure in Q1 (even though they got delivered 4/1 and 4/2).

The only other option would be they ran out of the launch edition badging at the end of a batch.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VINs are the Adventure vin, they aren't going to re-VIN a vehicle.

The best 🤷‍♂️ logical explanation is for some reason they wanted to declare that they started shipping adventure in Q1 (even though they got delivered 4/1 and 4/2).

The only other option would be they ran out of the launch edition badging at the end of a batch.
No, they aren't, but that doesn't mean that they didn't know their production schedule and account for the reduced LE order count. It's not impossible for them to have decided to switch up in this way on the fly. I'd bet good money that even with the clusterfuck this has been, they're not deciding what trucks to build after they come off the line, they're deciding before :)

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
I believe they said they'd be making Launch/Adventure at same time. Early holders are definitely more likely to get theirs first but that doesn't mean a few random later orders won't come through, especially if there's something preventing OC/FE interiors from being available now(and instead being available in like a month or so. Who knows what logic there is to them calling specific people and asking if they want to change. Could just be that they had a trim going to a specific area and someone changed build or something and they found the first person that matched it except the interior. I feel like a lot of these people saying "id change if they offered" and then they came out with ocean coast batch in a month would be bitter. IMO if you really don't care, change your config.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've got no problem with Adventure orders happening at the same time as Launch Edition, tho I'd have liked *more* LEs delivered before they start.

But, even in that case - why are 2020 Adventure orders getting delivered instead of 2018 adventure orders? It still doesn't make any sense, no matter which way you slice it up. There are Adventure orders before. There are LE orders before. There are both in the areas the adventure's have been delivered. There are thousands of people still waiting for any information on their interior, some percentage of which would have chosen to switch if this adventure vehicle could have been an LE instead.

I just want an explanation directly from the source. That's all it would take to make me happy. Tell me what your logic is for this situation, and then tell me that you have the supplies to manufacture my truck in my window already in-hand. If I could get those two pieces of information 99% of my frustration would vanish.

Regardless of what anyone else thinks, I feel justified in feeling this frustration. I know I am not alone. Some people probably are not frustrated. Different strokes 🤷

Sponsored

KarTruck

First Name
Abhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Monster S2R
I've got no problem with Adventure orders happening at the same time as Launch Edition, tho I'd have liked *more* LEs delivered before they start.

But, even in that case - why are 2020 Adventure orders getting delivered instead of 2018 adventure orders? It still doesn't make any sense, no matter which way you slice it up. There are Adventure orders before. There are LE orders before. There are both in the areas the adventure's have been delivered. There are thousands of people still waiting for any information on their interior, some percentage of which would have chosen to switch if this adventure vehicle could have been an LE instead.

I just want an explanation directly from the source. That's all it would take to make me happy. Tell me what your logic is for this situation, and then tell me that you have the supplies to manufacture my truck in my window already in-hand. If I could get those two pieces of information 99% of my frustration would vanish.

Regardless of what anyone else thinks, I feel justified in feeling this frustration. I know I am not alone. Some people probably are not frustrated. Different strokes 🤷

I definitely feel the frustration but simple communication would be OK for me. I don’t know enough about the business aspects so an explanation isn’t what I’m looking for at this point - just keep me informed. Limestone choice is going to cause delay - OK. OC choice will push delivery to … - OK. Right now, it’s “we’ll let you know” followed by a blackhole of information.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Like you, I am frustrated to get moved so far back in line. My R1T order was placed on November 28, 2018 which I believe was the third day that orders were taken. I chose the Explore Package not realizing that this choice would put me at the end of the line. Some folks that ordered over two years after me are already driving their R1Ts. I guess being a very early adopter is meaningless unless you order what Rivian wants you to.

Brian

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Dec 2018 pre-order for R1S LE (BM interior). Nothing special here, but I am waiting for Canadian deliveries to start. So there will definitely be a bunch of us LEs that are in remote (Alaska, Canada) areas or areas they don't have Service built up.

I think the real question is:

How many 2018 LE pre-orders....with configs being delivered (BM interior)...in areas where there are active deliveries going on/Service centers open....are still waiting for a contact? I am sure the answer is > 0...and even more curious is if Adventure trims are going out in those same areas ahead.

I 100% understand Adventure trims going out in those areas that they have infra built up ahead of LEs in areas that do not. But I don't understand if they are getting deliveries ahead of people in the *same* area with "common" configs.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My best guess is that Rivian produced some Adventure R1Ts for some early pre-holders and decided to run the line for a shift, rather than just produce 1 or 2 Adventure trims. At least one of the people getting an early Adventure model was a 2019 pre-order. The folks who ordered in 2021 may have just been the beneficiaries of Rivian not wanting to run only 1 Adventure model down the line. It may have been as simple as Rivian opening one box of the metal pieces that go on the dashboard and wanting to use the whole box.

The lack of any OC or FE interiors is more puzzling. So far I haven't heard of anyone not receiving their vehicle in the delivery window promised last November. That may change as we get to the end of April. If Rivian waits until May 31 to tell me there is a delay in OC, I would be apoplectic. I imagine someone who ordered in 2018 would be even angrier. If there is a serious delay in interior options, Rivian should just make all LEs with black mountain. The issue--as always--is just a lack of communication from Rivian.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators

The whole process makes sense if you think about the early days of manufacturing less as a slow organized ramp and more of a massive orchestration on a knives edge of chaos.
Sponsored