How long have you waited for service?

• Total voters

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

8 weeks after submitting a ticket, I just scheduled service and the earliest available appointment was 8 weeks out. Is 16 weeks between identifying a problem and having it resolved normal? The new normal?

What are other folks receiving for scheduling windows?
Sponsored

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
Sounds like Ford. Which isn't a good thing. I had a new 2018 F-150 and the rear door latch system would freeze up in the winter and my door would literally swing open when i went around a turn. Ford knew about the problem and no joke in December of 2019 they told me 4-6 month wait on a fix.... ALL winter....

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I have no truck, so no experience. Rivian could be prioritizing service for problems that render the vehicle inoperable. If you just want a body panel adjusted, it may not be considered an immediate need, so it will take more time. If you have a critical issue where the truck won't drive, you probably move to the head of the line. So a poll is probably useless.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
They need to work on the service machine a bunch and quickly. I am actually a bit surprised they haven't made significant improvements yet.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Sounds like Ford. Which isn't a good thing. I had a new 2018 F-150 and the rear door latch system would freeze up in the winter and my door would literally swing open when i went around a turn. Ford knew about the problem and no joke in December of 2019 they told me 4-6 month wait on a fix.... ALL winter....
Video or it didn’t happen 🤣

Sponsored

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Service center would also be a good data point to get.
My suspicion is that high volume service centers like Bellevue and South SF take longer to get an appointment.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Service center would also be a good data point to get.
My suspicion is that high volume service centers like Bellevue and South SF take longer to get an appointment.
Very true. I'm at Bellevue and the person scheduling on the phone went "oh jeeze! Oh wow. Well I was hoping October, but um... So..." I said November is fine and laughed it off. Being a @Gsxr150 doesn't get you any faster service.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I'm on 7 months of waiting for my F250 to get the sunroof and rear window fixed.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Thats crazy and they are running two shifts and some weekend times in Bellevue but that also includes prepping vehicles for delivery. Probably doesn’t help they are servicing the whole PNW. Hopefully Portland will be fully operating soon to free up some bandwidth.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Thats crazy and they are running two shifts and some weekend times in Bellevue but that also includes prepping vehicles for delivery. Probably doesn’t help they are servicing the whole PNW. Hopefully Portland will be fully operating soon to free up some bandwidth.
Portland isn't an SC? What is it?

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Portland isn't an SC? What is it?
Honestly I am not sure anymore. They did one of my early service visits and one mobile visit but since then it has been Bellevue the last 4 times. I know they are not in their final permanent location which is down town by the Ross Island Bridge. Rumor has it they are moving this winter to another temp location in Beaverton, hopefully better equipped.

My guess is they are focusing on deliveries and maybe mobile repairs until then but it’s a guess.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I waited just a few days. San Diego Service center.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I started submitting tickets and was contacted about a week or two after the first of 3 tickets. They scheduled service for me 3-4 weeks away from when they finally reached back out to me. I've added another 3-4 tickets which they've been able to add to the same service appointment, which is nice. Mostly my problems are cosmetic in nature, but there's some driveline clicking coming from the front and the suspension clunks a bit when the truck oscillates left to right over bumps. Nothing that threatens how it drives, yet.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Lightning Standard
People seem to think there's something uniquely slow about rivian service. Go to a traditional dealer, it's not much better.

It took me a month to get an appointment for my Ioniq 5 to get the 30 minute software fix for their recall. And there are three Hyundai dealers in 20 miles of me, all owned by the same person.

I got my lightning delivered 8/11. There was a few issues with my truck, took me a week for anyone to look at it to schedule the work. The work was scheduled 2 weeks out. My truck is now going on 10 business days being in the dealers hand getting fixed. And they are minor things: dust nib on tailgate, overspray on plastic, b pillar scuffs.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
People seem to think there's something uniquely slow about rivian service. Go to a traditional dealer, it's not much better.

It took me a month to get an appointment for my Ioniq 5 to get the 30 minute software fix for their recall. And there are three Hyundai dealers in 20 miles of me, all owned by the same person.

I got my lightning delivered 8/11. There was a few issues with my truck, took me a week for anyone to look at it to schedule the work. The work was scheduled 2 weeks out. My truck is now going on 10 business days being in the dealers hand getting fixed. And they are minor things: dust nib on tailgate, overspray on plastic, b pillar scuffs.
I got on the list for the HP pump recall work on my Ram. When I called the first day the recall was released I was told I was #63 on the list....and they only get 1 pump a week. And this is despite me being on the online "list" for the work. A big part of the reason is where I am located. Friends in the Midwest have already had theirs replaced.
Sponsored